Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-24-2010, 1:14 PM Reply   
I got what i think is a screaming deal on this speaker unit on Ebay. I think it is one side of a Skylon Deafcon IV. correct me if i'm wrong. Oh and what you see is what i got. Meaning it doesn't have any mounting hardware.

I'm not quite sure what i want to do with this speaker so hear me out.

First off, what would produce more sound to the rider at 80'
This speaker and horn by itself or a pair of kicker KMT6's

My next question is, does anyone know where i can get the original mounting clamps for these or know of other clamps that would work.

If i keep these i would like to power them with a Phoenix Gold Octane R 8.04 that a friend basically gave to me.

Brand Phoenix Gold
Model Octane-R 8.0:4
MPN OCTANE-R8.0:4

Key Features
Amplifier Type Multi Channels
Channels 4
Bridgable Bridgable
RMS Power at 2 Ohms 125 W x 4
RMS Power at 4 Ohms 75 W x 4
RMS Power Bridged at 4 Ohms 250 x 2

Performance
Frequency Response 20 Hz - 20000 Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio 110 dB
THD at Rated RMS Power 1 %

Crossover / Equalizer
Bass Boost With Bass Boost
High - Pass Frequency 40 Hz - 400 Hz
Low - Pass Frequency 40 Hz - 400 Hz

From what i understand the skylon deafcon IV needs 250-350 RMS at 2 Ohms per unit
Can the amp i have be run bridged at 2 Ohms? And if so is there any problem with only having one channel hooked up?

another question i have is whether i could change the enclosure that this system is in to make it look a little more aesthetically pleasing like maybe buy a pair of 8" cans and put the driver in one side and modify the other side to put the horn in.

The other idea is to obviously sell the speakers and maybe the amp (depending on whether it would work with the KMT6's or not) and get a set of KMT6's.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm completely new to stereo systems but this year i would really like to have some music behind the boat and i'm on a shoe string budget.

TIA
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-24-2010, 1:16 PM Reply   
Whoops, I forgot the pictures
Attached Images

Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-24-2010, 4:35 PM Reply   
I have some clamps. Pm me. maybe we can work something out.