Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (naptownwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-20-2009, 2:34 PM Reply   
trying to find some information about where to camp and drop the boat into the water at dale hollow. problem is the lake is just so massive. i was wondering if anyone had been there and could give me some pointers. thanks
Old     (eyedvride)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-20-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
Horse Creek, by the dam. You can get a cabin there for $35/night and they have a launch. Sweet place, old but very clean.
Old     (lothlin)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-20-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
We stayed at Star Point Resort (http://www.starpointresort.com/) last time we went we stayed there, in the cottonwood cottage, but mind, it wasn't that pricy overall because we went in September and had six people so we split it. And the cabins, or at least that one, were really nice; kitchen, deck & grill, living room, a bar downstairs, lots of rooms (each cottage is a little different, so, different prices on them,)

Slips are really cheap to rent, but the marina gas is a little pricy so you may end up doing what we did and pull your boat up everyday to get gas. Or send people on gas can runs.

There's coves off of there that get pretty nice water if the weather is on your side, and apparently if you run down a bit farther to the obey river it is just nice all the time.
Old     (ajf4242)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-20-2009, 8:36 PM Reply   
Go to the state dock they have camping and stuff and the ramp is just down a road a minute. I think it's the state dock or state park. I'll be down there for the 4th of July since lake cumberlands dam is still being worked on.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-20-2009, 9:48 PM Reply   
beware... lots of debris
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-21-2009, 5:10 AM Reply   
debris^^ I never had a problem with debris when I have gone down. The water has always been super nice. There is also really good water back by past the wolf creek marina.
Old     (cool232)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-21-2009, 5:21 AM Reply   
Debris,? anyway I think it depends on where you are coming from. We stay at starpoint Its great very small but nice, State dock is nice it has the state campground and the dock is new. Wolf river is on one end but the cabins are cheap. If you want to stay in a hotel just up the road from starpoint is a small hotel clean and cheap. i think its called the the sportsman lodge, byrdstown ten.If you come down were probably there stop by and say hey, 99 black X-star.
Old     (patoloco)      Join Date: May 2002       05-21-2009, 6:46 AM Reply   
There actually is quite a bit of large debris right now...but nothing you can't avoid by paying attention. The lake has been at record level highs (was actually flowing through the spillway gates over the dam for the first time since 89). Pretty amazing to see last weekend.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-21-2009, 8:07 AM Reply   
This lake is huge, and it definitely depends on where you go. We had no problem finding some clear, calm water but there were definitely areas where it was nasty (we were there last weekend). We were down by sunset marina on the southeastern part of the lake. And apparently some woman jumped off the bridge there and there were some search parties out looking for the body.... ew