Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old     (bjgreenewb)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-02-2004, 10:00 AM Reply   
I had a chance to ride with an upcoming pro wakeboarder last Tuesday named Nick Griffin, and was stoked. It was for an interview at wakeboardindiana.com in a feature article titled "Indiana Pro Wakeboarder?". This guy goes BIG with his tricks!!! You can see pics of his session in that article.

I have been witnessing the pros at the Vans Triple Crown in Indy once a year. On top of that, I rode in a clinic for personal training with Gerry Nunn last year. But never have I ridden with someone that is just breaking in to the pro scene.

Nick has consistently been taking 1st in the INT outlaw division and has started his own training school where he comes to you to teach you in your boat on your favorite lake.

Have any of you heard of Nick Griffin before. If not, have you been boarding with or are you a consistent 1st place winner of the INT outlaw division competitions? We all know about the current pros in the lime light, I am now curious about the upcoming pros that haven't hit the spotlight yet.

Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-02-2004, 8:29 PM Reply   
Hi, that is awesome that you had a chance to ride with someone that you really admire. And riding with Gerry Nunn? He is one of the nicest guys, and greatest riders in wakeboarding. I have a great poster of him up on my wall with the scripture 1 Corinth 2:9 on it. It is inspirational to say the least. You are doing exactly what you should be doing. Riding locally at grassroots comps and attending any local demos that you can. Also, how are YOU doing in the INT? Don't let inexperience stop you, get out there and ride as much as possible. Keep us posted on how you And Nick are doing. We will keep an eye open for his article. hugs, robyn valdez
Old     (bjgreenewb)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-05-2004, 1:47 PM Reply   
I have not been riding in the INT yet. I have been following it, but riding on my own as often as possible. I am working on a raley and 360. So I am a definite beginner/intermediate. I haven't tried an invert yet.

Nick's interview is up on the site now. Here is the link (Click on the "Indiana Pro Wakeboarder" article):
http://www.wakeboardindiana.com/portal/desktopdefault.aspx

I noticed on Gerry Nunn's wakeboard a sticker that says "Got Jesus?". I thought that is cool. I've been thinking of doing something like that on my boat. :-) Gerry is definitely one of the really nice guys. He is also amazing when riding outside of the competitions. He threw all the tricks he knew and didn't wipe out once!

Thanks for the encouragement,
Bryon
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-05-2004, 3:04 PM Reply   
Scott Hopkins and Sean O'brien!
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-06-2004, 6:59 AM Reply   
i saw gerry nunn doing the ab chair exercise commercial.