Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (wdayne)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-28-2003, 10:01 AM Reply   
i have an elite v-drive w/ merc 350 magnum mpi (315 hp). i obviously have to remove a panel between storage and the motor to reach the oil filter. i was hoping for a heads-up on which side to disassemble, because i can't even see the filter, i assume it's on the bottom. any tips or shortcuts would be extremely appreciated.
Old    millerman            03-28-2003, 11:01 AM Reply   
From my memory it is on the same side as the driver, closest to the distributor end of the motor. I haven't changed mine since the end of last summer so I forgot. Also, make sure you lay a rag down to catch any extra oil that drips down. Saves cleaning a mess up later.

Millerman
Old     (wdayne)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-28-2003, 11:08 AM Reply   
thanks millerman, i have a 2001, what model is yours? it's a beautiful boat. have you serviced your v-drive yet?
Old    millerman            03-28-2003, 11:23 AM Reply   
Dayne
Mine is also a 2001. I have 200 hours and I change the V-drive oil at 100 hours. The boat has been great so far.
Old     (wdayne)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-28-2003, 12:06 PM Reply   
yeah, i absolutely love my boat. how did you service the v-drive? i was told to suck out what i could, refill it, run it, suck it out again, and refill. is there a filter to change? i asked the serviceman on the phone today, but he acted like he'd never seen one.

Old    millerman            03-28-2003, 12:08 PM Reply   
I didn't mess with the v-drive. I was too lazy and had the shop do it. From what I have heard though, not a big deal to change it.
Old     (wdayne)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-28-2003, 12:13 PM Reply   
dude, i'm going to change my oil and tranny fluid this weekend, i'll fill you in on the complete disaster later.

laterdayne
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-28-2003, 12:52 PM Reply   
Place a large ziplock storage bag over the filter before you take it off that whay if you do spill it goes into the bag. Works great.
Old     (wdayne)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-31-2003, 10:43 AM Reply   
thanks millerman and faceplanter, the oil change went off w/out a hitch. the new pump i purchased worked perfectly. it sucked so hard you could hear emptying out the oil pan. the reason i couldn't find the oil filter is because it had been painted black with the engine. i'm going to change my tranny fluid now.

laterdayne
image/bmpmy pics
oil changer.bmp (47.1 k)
Old    riverfreak            03-31-2003, 10:59 AM Reply   
whats up Dayne? We hope to be at the river Sat. if the temp is right, Murvall would probably be warmer, but it is going to be windy....check out the new tower....later
Old     (wdayne)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-31-2003, 1:30 PM Reply   
hey lori, that's super cool. i can't wait to see it. i'm getting the fever. i was out last weekend just riding up and down the river after my oil change. it was tooo cold though. hopefully this weekend will be better. i'm helping a friend on his house this saturday, he lives on the river, maybe i'll see y'all.

laterdayne