Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-22-2004, 10:23 AM Reply   
I was looking through the pro tour stop pictures and have noticed that Harf rides the yellow premier...if im not mistaken that is the biolite one and the DNA is the pink one. Is there any logical explanation as to why he would not want to ride the "better,lighter, more snappy" model that hyperlite promotes. have we been brainwashed into buying a less superior more expensive board. same scenario w/ parks. I rode the 138 DNA parks behind a 210 team and was not horribly impressed. For some reason I could not throw any raley based trick at all. kinda weird I don't know
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-22-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
most pros ride the biolite (fancy name for foam) core because it's more reliable than the dna. dna breaks easily, and they know it. so, at tour stops, they'll ride something they know will hold up longer than a dna board.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-22-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
does it really matter if they break it they can just get a new one. They claim the wood core offers more recoil and snap off the wake and I would think they would want that especially in contests. Do you think it has anything to do with breaking a board in public on an industy stage and people seeing public displays of products going to sh$%
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-22-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
well, it does matter if they break it during their comp run. they only get 5 minutes to get out of their broken board and on to a good one and back in the water.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-22-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
yeah didn't Darin not make the cut once or something like that and was disqualified?
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-22-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
I guess I don't have enough on water time to make an accurate judgement on the DNA core but it seems to be a marketing gimmick like the bottleopeners. and If their pro riders like the foam then why the f%$^ should we as consumers pay more for something that is not percieved as good by their team
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-22-2004, 11:00 AM Reply   
Just go with the Biolite if you want to have your board for a couple of years.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-22-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
yea tru im actually about to hop off the speeding hyperlite bandwagon that ive been riding for about 3-4 years that seems to be getting quite crowded. I love my old byerly it is a great board. without a doubt i would buy a bio over DNA but my question is why do the pros ride bio. even in that picture with the typo of harf in the new alliance with the new style of riding two different bindings... he is riding the bio too and appears to be freeriding...explain that?
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-22-2004, 11:10 AM Reply   
its almost like why does Zane Schwenk ride the Absolute in competitions and sometimes the Absolute Platinum.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-22-2004, 11:14 AM Reply   
I would reccommend a different brand than hyperlite... haha.. their biolite (isnt that light) in fact its about the heaviest board on the market... THats probably y they have their DNA line.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-22-2004, 11:14 AM Reply   
maybe they grab the board that is closest to them when they wake up. you know whatever slew of boards that happens to be lying around.. already in the boat... or in the car if you are driving somewhere. ive never ridden a connely but have been seriousy considering them. stru is one of my alltime favorite riders for doing his own thang and not conforming to the rest of the wakeboard world by making a pilgramage to the wakeboarding mecca to live.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-22-2004, 11:17 AM Reply   
i think their decks are on the heavyside but by no means is any added weight really holding back my progression at this point. I feel that their bindings have more mass than others in the industry that adds to the overall heavy feel in a hyperlite setup.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-22-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
i thought that too but was wrong.

I weighed a Large 03 HL Parks and Large 04 CWB Zeus.
the Zeus weight exactly 1 ounce more! I was flabergasted, or something like that.

Im yet to weigh my 04 LF Ultra. I'll do that tonite.
Old    blindsiderider            07-22-2004, 11:23 AM Reply   
"Zane Schwenk ride the Absolute in competitions and sometimes the Absolute Platinum"

Zane always rides the Regular Absolute in Competitions and he rides the Platinum for photo shoots.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-22-2004, 1:28 PM Reply   
Toolfan....... im anxious to see how heavy the 04 Ultra turns out to be compared to the Parks..