Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       10-14-2011, 2:22 PM Reply   
As I strolled through Ebay i noticed this and there is another listing for a different board:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Wake-Te...item1e603b09a8

Anyone have info on the scoop?
Old     (Delt725)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-14-2011, 3:02 PM Reply   
in the description is says it is a 143 and only 150 were made. in the specs it states it is a 138. looks like they need a proof reader
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-14-2011, 3:18 PM Reply   
I asked my friend Google and he pointed me to this FaceSpace page-
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wake-T...485887?sk=info

Quote:
Founded 1992
About Wake Tech is back for 2011! Ride a piece of wakeboarding history
Company Overview Wake Tech was the brand that started it all, the first 100% wakeboard company. Founded in 1994 by Chris Durham, Wake Tech pushed the limits of the sport, and now we are back for 2011. We have been building high end US made wakeboards since day 1. We refuse to let the art of wakeboard manufacturing be moved offshore and die. What would you rather ride; a high end, hand made board MADE IN THE USA, o...r something from China or Dubai like all the other guys? We make the other guys high end products in our Lakewood, Washington shop, and all of our boards are made with the highest quality materials you can get.

When we got the Wake Tech name back and started pressing boards again in 2003, we did things differently. Today we are a 100% family owned small business. No other brand can say that. One company owns Hyperlite, Liquid Force, CWB, O'brien, Straightline and all of their waterski brand counterparts. Their products are almost entirely made offshore, and the choices offered are shrinking. Now is your chance to get back to the core of wakeboarding.

Our 2011 Flight Series will be offered in 3 sizes: 143, 138 and 134. The Flight 69 was the very first twin tip wakeboard ever made, and it's back with an all new shape. Inspired by the bestselling former Byerly pro-model, it's great for the beginner all the way to the pro. It's 3 stage rocker and 4-1" fiberglass rainbow rail fins give the 69 series insane pop and stable tracking. Perfect to learn on and progress with. Constructed with a polyurethane foam core, wrapped in Tri-ax fiberglass (3 directional weave creates a stronger, snappier board with reduced weight, vs. uni-directional or chop glass that every other brand uses).

The Battail series will be made in: 143, 135 and 132. It is one of the lightest boards on the market at 6 lbs. It is the only balsa core wakeboard made. Why? Because balsa is the strongest core material out there, but it's difficult to perfect. No other brand wants to mess with it. Foam is cheaper and easier to work with, that's why they use it. The Battail has 4 molded in fins with long deep channels making it the only completely finless board on the market. It comes with an optional mini center fin to add more tracking. This board has a much faster, looser feel than the Flight 69 that will take your riding to a whole new level.

Ride the best, ride Wake Tech.See More
Mission Orders are being placed now, call us at (253)588-3940 for our VERY limited 2011 line. Custom boards available.
Products High end compression molded wakeboards and wakeskates
Website http://waketech.biz/

Last edited by thescott; 10-14-2011 at 3:18 PM. Reason: typos & $hIz
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            10-14-2011, 6:44 PM Reply   
My first ever board, and i still have it lol
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-14-2011, 8:15 PM Reply   
i think double up still exists in a similar kind of fashion too
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-14-2011, 10:51 PM Reply   
Jeremy: Double up is still a fully functional board manufacturer. Popular in Australia and Europe. They just don't sell in the USA. They just signed Scotty Broome.

Last edited by kristian; 10-14-2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old    readyaimfire            10-15-2011, 3:03 PM Reply   
I think byerly and gator should combine there companies and take over wake tech. Take it back to where it started. Those guys on a flight 69 is why I started riding.