Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-08-2010, 11:31 AM Reply   
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/par...rcraft-x-star/

This boat is insane!! Thoughts?
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-08-2010, 11:51 AM Reply   
That is the same motor I have in my car. 556 HP stock with 551 lb./ft torque.

The reflective silver interior isn't something I would want in Texas heat and sun.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-08-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
Sweeeett!!!!!!
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-08-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
The latest Transformer is now available at Wal-Mart.
Old     (Tloud)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-08-2010, 3:03 PM Reply   
flack let me guess you have the caddy cts-v supercharged sex machine? haha nice ride
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-08-2010, 3:07 PM Reply   
That is sick! No worries on boggin down with that engine, fill the ballast to the top and ride with a full boat no prob.
Old    mojo            09-08-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
regardless you still have to choose the right prop. sick boat. only thing i disliked about it is the BIG. it seems to stick up very high into the line of sight, but i have not sat in one so i can't say it's 100% true. are these blocks marinized by gm or indmar/pcm? i can't find info on gm doing it.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-08-2010, 3:26 PM Reply   
Should be bada$$. We had a couple X-stars with the 8.1 and they were unstoppable. You could basically dump them till they sank and they'd get on plane. These HP and Torque numbers are better than that motors by a decent margin. I'm sure you can do your part to help BP stocks recover with that boat.

As for the wrap.... It's OK. Cool if you're Parks. Kinda lame if you're anybody else and you've got PB and Ronix all over your boat. The interior is sick, though...
Old     (frodady20)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-08-2010, 9:10 PM Reply   
Yeah.... Not sure how everyone else feels about how much fuel ther boat burns in one day out. But i couldnt afford to put gas in that beast!! Black interior burns my back skin. LOL
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-09-2010, 6:01 AM Reply   
I heard about a guy demoing a new LSV with that same motor in this summer. Supposedly, they went through 70 gallons of gas in one day just driving around and pulling about 10 sets. I know with my old CTS-V that, when I drove it hard, it drank the hell out of some gas. I couldn't imagine how much gas it would have burned if I had put a hitch on it and towed a 3k lb trailer around with it while flooring it at every red light.
Old     (Tloud)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-09-2010, 9:06 AM Reply   
haha yea but the black interior looks money!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-09-2010, 9:16 AM Reply   
I suppose when you don't have to pay for the boat or any of the gear paying for the gas isn't so bad.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-09-2010, 9:20 AM Reply   
Im surprised no one made a comment about power turning. Geez WakeWorld is getting soft.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-09-2010, 9:41 AM Reply   
^Where was the power turn? It seems that he did a few turns, probably to get a performance-type shot, but there also was not another sole on that lake, nor was anyone riding. It wasn't like he did a 180 degree turn to retrieve a fallen rider, which is my typical definition of a power turn.

I think the boat looks sweet, I don't think having the Parks-edition X-Star would be that lame. Axis has the Vandall edition and Nautique has the Byerly.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       09-09-2010, 9:54 AM Reply   
If I had the money I would buy it.
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-09-2010, 9:55 AM Reply   
Would you rather buy a little extra gas or have a smaller wake because your engine can't perform. I guess if you got the money to load your boat with this engine to begin with then you will most likely have the money to pay for the gas that goes into it as well.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-09-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
ok....
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-09-2010, 12:21 PM Reply   
i remember in high school it was g double g-a-y to let somebody other than a chica wear your football jersey on game day. heck, when Tony Romo took over as the Dallas Cowboys quarterback a few years ago, everyone in TX referred to the people wearing his jersey as "romo-sexuals." its as bad as buying a CWB, LF, Hyperlite, Ronix, CC, Bu, MC, etc sticker and placing it on the back window of your truck. i just cannot comprehend paying somebody for the "privlege" to help market their name or product. I cold care less who knows what boat I have, what board I ride, or who my favorite rider is as it doesnt define me...

with that said, rip the name stickers off and it is a beautiful boat, hahaha...
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-09-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
Romo-sexuals.... That's awesome.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-10-2010, 1:22 PM Reply   
starting to dig this new xstar tower too
Attached Images

Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-10-2010, 1:38 PM Reply   
^^^Most people will forget you said that.lol....I'm just sayin
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-10-2010, 2:42 PM Reply   
form will follow function on that tower. as it stands now: good idea, fair application. i do belive that the power folding upper parallelogram portion of the tower is revolutionary (if it stands the test of time)....

anyone notice the unique shape of the tower speaker cans?

Last edited by tdc_worm; 09-10-2010 at 2:44 PM.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-22-2010, 7:54 PM Reply   
The new tower looks pretty good. I like the idea of having an LSA engine in a boat.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-23-2010, 5:39 AM Reply   
Anybody hear a price on the Parks edition X yet? I'm just curious.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-23-2010, 7:03 AM Reply   
I don't think the PARK's edition will be too much more than a simularily equipped X-star. Kinda like the 40th Anniversary wasn't a huge jump. The main thing was the limited run of numbers
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-23-2010, 8:59 AM Reply   
I love the new tower. I think the shock looking thingy on the outside looks badass.

And yes I'm being serious. :-)
Old     (tro)      Join Date: May 2009       09-23-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
i'd rather have that lake.
Old     (nicvtx1994)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-23-2010, 11:12 PM Reply   
the graphics look real cheap, sorta looks like a last minute thought
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-24-2010, 9:40 AM Reply   
Love to have one, minus his name all over everything. Cool guy nonetheless, just wouldn't want it on my personal boat.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-24-2010, 10:46 AM Reply   
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicvtx1994 View Post
the graphics look real cheap, sorta looks like a last minute thought
Yeah, bro. I totally agree with you.. It needs way more dragons and skulls with flaming pitbulls having sex with skeletons..

It's not street enough..

Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-24-2010, 11:40 AM Reply   
Ha ha ha ,,, pit bulls having sex. thats hood
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-24-2010, 12:29 PM Reply   
How bout this one...
Attached Images

Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-24-2010, 12:53 PM Reply   
the new tower looks way better in painted form... less robotic/industrial looking.. imo
Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-25-2010, 12:46 PM Reply   
HAHAHA I just pictured a pitbull phuking a skeleton!
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-26-2010, 2:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlamont View Post
How bout this one...
I don't even want to know what is going on with the feet in the air!
Old     (ShawnB)      Join Date: Oct 2010       11-02-2010, 4:14 PM Reply   
So I got to ride in and behind this boat when I was in Vonore. The power tower won't win many awards for aesthetics but it gave a nice consistent pull and didn't make a sound. The Caddy motor is a screamer, too. Have a look/listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE_70Qn2eNo&hd=1
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-03-2010, 6:56 AM Reply   
I have heard that the CTS-V powered boats only go like 1 mph faster than the comparably equiped boats with the other large motor options and don't pull much if any better out of the hole when weighted. I've heard this from very reliable sources who actually tested a few of these boats. This is just another case of form over substance. Yes, it makes a cool whistling noise when you floor it out of the hole, but that hardly justifies the astronomical fuel consumption.
Old     (ShawnB)      Join Date: Oct 2010       11-03-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
Can't say I disagree with any of that, Chattwake. It's a total bling option and at 20k I doubt many people will even bother with it. Still nice to have something extreme in a company's flagship even if it's mostly for show.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-03-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
Chattwake - the person who would get that engine option is also the person who probably doesn't understand most of what you said in your post and probably will never be concerned w/ fuel consumption.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-08-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
If i can throw 2000lbs in a 86 ski nautique 2001 with a carburated 351w that makes 240hp and only has an acme prop then an xstar loaded with 4000lbs should be able to get on plane with a 400hp small block without a blower on it. For the price of these new boats with power towers, supercharged motors, and gps maps you better have a special button that gives me a humdinger dinger
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-08-2010, 6:48 PM Reply   
i want one
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-10-2010, 1:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
I have heard that the CTS-V powered boats only go like 1 mph faster than the comparably equiped boats with the other large motor options and don't pull much if any better out of the hole when weighted. I've heard this from very reliable sources who actually tested a few of these boats. This is just another case of form over substance. Yes, it makes a cool whistling noise when you floor it out of the hole, but that hardly justifies the astronomical fuel consumption.
I would simply be interested in your reliable sources. I'm privy to the number of LSA equipped MasterCraft's currently out there and would be interested in knowing the "few" boats they tested and what other large motor boats they tested against. Also what set of criterion and tools they used to measure the "astronomical" fuel consumption.

I'm all for the dissemination of knowledge, and WakeWorld is one of the finest places to come when looking for personal stories about how these boats/boards/electronics perform in the real world. That being said It has become a bit tedious of late, that everyone has a source here, or a cousin of a friend there that they are getting their data from. I may get flamed for saying it, but till my butt has been in X model boat with X model engine/tower/binding blaster I generally refrain from giving an "informed" opinion about it. Cheers, Matt
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-10-2010, 3:03 PM Reply   
The "Power Tower" as far as function=WIN
The "Power Tower" as far as Looks= FAIL FAIL FAIL

Look at the other "Signature" boats out there. The "Byerly Nautique" and the "Rusty X star"
both cool boat's somthing diffrent.

IMO the PTW and 40th MC boat's were pretty cool BECAUSE the Graphics that were diffrent in a way that people who knew boat's Knew it was a special eddition but the thing didn't Scream "IM SPECIAL" Kind of like the M5 BMW if you know cars you know its Bad A$$ if not its just another BMW.

I think people that want a signature eddition boat want just that. "A signature". NOT sinage plasterd all over it. Hell the last thing I would want on my 80k toy is some ones name permanitaly plasterd all over the side of my boat. Just think of having the Michale Vick eddition ANYTHING? LOL or OJ Simpson golf club's LOL.

I know MC will say hey its only a wrap you can remove it Bla Bla, Does that make you wanna buy it because you know you can remove the graphic's? Mabey thats a Hint. If you have to ask yourself. "I can always take them off if I get tired of that" then that should be a good sign your going in the wrong direction.

My question is! WHERE IS THE INNOVATION????? yea i see the power tower. But what else?
how is this boat any better than a 6 year old X star?

IMO the Hybrid EPIC 23e is the ONLY thing I have seen that's new and exciting in YEAR's That's pretty Sad.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-11-2010, 6:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Th
My question is! WHERE IS THE INNOVATION????? yea i see the power tower. But what else?
how is this boat any better than a 6 year old X star?

IMO the Hybrid EPIC 23e is the ONLY thing I have seen that's new and exciting in YEAR's That's pretty Sad.
The X25 is quite a change from the typical x star.. lots of innovative technology there..
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-11-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
Well Matt, I know what I was told, who did the testing, what boats were involved, where and when it was done, etc., so it's not like I'm making stuff up here. If you have some other information to offer, please do, because I'd like to hear it. If there is a big difference in performance, and I've been misinformed, I'd like to know that.

While it's completely different, I owned a CTS-V with a blown LS motor for a year before I sold it due, in part, to gas consumption. I know when I drove it easily on the highway, I was getting around 17mph. When I drove aggressively in traffic, I got 10. That's TEN MPG. Cruizing around on the lake at 30 mph at a constant speed is like driving on the interstate, while flooring a loaded boat to pull up a rider, throwing double ups, etc. is like driving HARD on the street in heavy traffic. In light of how these wakeboats are traditionally used, I can see where the increased consumption I'm hearing about comes from. I just question the function vs. cost for these motors. Again, if I'm wrong, and there is some huge upside/ performance gain to having a CTS-V motor in a boat, I'd like to know it.

Do people really understand that blowers require additional maintenance? You have to change your blower oil periodically. Plus, the bearings in these eaton style blowers don't last forever - especially under heavy use. I know of several people who had to have them rebuilt in their V's and in their Lightnings. Are people really going to buy these boats used when they are out of warranty and have 500-600 hours on them? Seems risky.

Last edited by chattwake; 11-11-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       11-11-2010, 12:02 PM Reply   
They might sell a dozen to 15 of these motors in a given year so it isn't like there will ever be an abundance. It is just a wow factor more so than anything practical. The Ilmor 6.2L is more than enough. Out performed the 8.1 in every category.