Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (wkbdboi)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-20-2008, 6:47 PM Reply   
can anyone tell me how it rides?... or what board it is similar to.
Old     (cooney20)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-20-2008, 10:37 PM Reply   
The Monarch is sick, Has a lot of straight up POP! Cant really tell what else it rides like, has its own feel.
Old     (eddievg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-21-2008, 1:03 AM Reply   
It rides really nice. Biggest difference i felt is how light it is. It's a really nice feeling. The molded in fins are rather big but it releases nice off the wake. Only downside to it seems to be its durability though. I rode one for a couple of days and noticed that after sliding off the platform at the back of the boat the molded in fins kind of got crushed. They started cracking up, so i don't know how durable the board would be on slides and such.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-21-2008, 5:12 PM Reply   
the monarch is super sick. i ride the 56 and its awsome. its super fast, would actually be in the top 5 fastest board in the market i think. but pops huge and straight up. it is pretty loose feeling as well even though the molded fins are big. they stop short of the end of the board so it releases well.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-21-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
really fun board, tons of pop, rides fast unlike most 3-stage boards, really light, smooth release off wake, the list goes on. the best board i have ever been on.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-21-2008, 8:47 PM Reply   
the description says it has flex technology i was wondering how much you could feel it flexing and how it affected landings?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-21-2008, 9:25 PM Reply   
it does have a little bit of flex but not a lot. if you really press it you can feel it give a little bit but you really have to be on the press hard to feel it. its more of an technology that it desgined to store energy when edging and explode off the wake
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-21-2008, 9:37 PM Reply   
damn $700 though!!!! I was sold until i saw the price
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-21-2008, 9:52 PM Reply   
i rode one at OWC and there seemed to be NO flex at all, one of the stiffest boards i've ever been on
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-21-2008, 10:00 PM Reply   
ultimate watersports in livermore california has them on sale for 599 or 549 or something like that
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-22-2008, 8:59 PM Reply   
Rode it tonight and it was totally fun. Definitely would have to say that if it wasn't for the price point I would definitely be interested in picking one up.

Unfortunately I didn't get to ride it in the best conditions. The lake went from this:

Upload

to complete chop by the time my buddy got out there with the board.

We did find a fairly calm shore but it wasn't the best. I was thinking about it on my drive home and it felt like I wasn't on top of my game but I would have to say that it was because it isn't as loose as the Watson that I am used to. Still has lot of pop though and I definitely enjoyed it.

I unfortunately didn't enjoy the Byerly bindings. They sat rather high on my leg and I wasn't able to poke things out because of the stiffness. (I didn't try them without the Jbars or whatever they are called.) I also had a wicked toe edge catch that resulted in my feet getting stuck half way in the bindings. Can't say that felt too good either.

All in all, pretty sick board. Wish I could give it another go.

Also, in response to the flex. The board does have "flex" technology but it isn't the same as in a slingshot. It has a softer foam tip and tail which makes it a bit softer and the middle between the legs is pretty stiff like a typical wakeboard. I definitely felt a nice snap on my ollies but wake to wake I didn't see a difference.