Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-10-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
Lets do a call out to our local pro shops you support and why. I want to start with mine right here in Michigan. I have been to a lot of shops throughout the state..compared the service and prices...and by a huge margin...I am giving props to WILSON MARINE between Brighton and Howell Michigan. Jason has got to be the best dude I have worked with in the business. He does not snub you, and offers the best deals. I bought three boards from him over the last ten years. And now I am buying my 08 Murray from him and his store. He only carries Hyperlite and Liquid Force and the accesories....but their shop and service is awesome. I had so many troubles last year when buying my Ronix gear with one shop. the other shops I worked with in surrounding area helped me get the other stuff I needed to complete my Ronix rig...They are really good...but when it comes down to it...Jason and Dave at Wilson Marine are the best. you'll have to call (tollfree) them and work with them to figure out exactly what I am talking about..but I just can't say enough about this shop. HUGE props to Wilson Marine...Jason, Dave and all their staff...keep up the great work! Anyone wanting to contact them..shoot me an email..and I will forward you their number.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-10-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
The House Boardshop www.the-house.com in Little Canada Minnesota. I support them becuase they have been supporting me and my wakeboarding for 6 years. Damn six years already feels like yesterday. They are like my extended family, the House does HUGE business (catalog and internet sales) but still makes it feel like the little mom and pop shop on the corner! Its a great thing to be a part of, Sean, JC, Curt, you guys make this possible, thanks!!!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-10-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
Wakesports Unlimited, San Diego. Tyler and his crew are GREAT! Always takes good care of us.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-10-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
Wiley's in Seattle.

It's good to have that kind of history in your back yard.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-10-2008, 11:38 AM Reply   
Cliff,

Other than it is in the ghetto, getting pretty close to Rat City. But they have been around for a long time and have a lot of history.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-10-2008, 1:14 PM Reply   
For the Bay Area. It's definitely NorCal Mastercraft (formerly SkiWorld USA). Rich Silva and staff are great. The boat salespeople are all riders too. On the Delta, it's all about DWC Boardshop (The Conways).
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-10-2008, 1:19 PM Reply   
TEXAS-TSR Boardshop takes good care

When my bindings would break they'd give me a brand new pair out of stock and send the broken ones in for warranty so I wouldn't have to wait.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-10-2008, 1:28 PM Reply   
Active Water Sports in Portland!! Great people to work with and there service dept is second to none!

You reading this Gerry and Jay? I want a good deal on that LSV!
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-10-2008, 1:34 PM Reply   
I second Active WaterSports in Portland!! The will price match anyone even on discontinued items!
I Was really impressed with Matt, the GM, his level of professionalism is top notch.
Old     (tnctryboy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-10-2008, 1:51 PM Reply   
i have to say wake sports in Anaheim. they hooked me up with a full 08 liquid force setup for my kid for a great price. I also have to add Sports LTD Woodland Hills. my wife bought a wake surfer for me for christmas that i would not probably use this summer because i ride as a third/ forth when my kid is with me and hooked me up with a nice set of 08 Ronix bindings with no problem at all.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-10-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
Wake'n'Skate Boardshop on Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia. Pretty solid service, and most of them (most...) know what they're talking about. Plus when I was hunting for Transgression, they had just sold their last one and when I seemed bummed out, they sold me the copy that they had been running on the TVs for a discount. And they brought Liquid Force to our lake, and from what I've heard, maybe they'll be comin down again this upcoming summer. Gotta love the guys at Wake'n'Skate and their connections...

If any of you guys come down to SML ever, stop by there, it's by Bridgewater Plaza on 122, right on the border of Bedford County and Franklin County (Franklin side, right next to a Mastercraft Dealership).
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-10-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
I second Active WaterSports in Portland!! The will price match anyone even on discontinued items!
I Was really impressed with Matt, the GM, his level of professionalism is top notch.
Old     (the_bug)      Join Date: May 2004       01-10-2008, 2:43 PM Reply   
Huge ups to Boardmart in Redding, California. Everyone there is polite and knowledgeable about riding, and someone always has a helpful tip or good info. They give solid deals on sale items too.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-10-2008, 2:52 PM Reply   
Hyperactive Watersports in Edmonton and Calgary Alberta.

These guys are great! I recommend them to my friends all the time. They have a combination of knowledge and customer service that I'm always comfortable knowing my friends will get the right product, for a stand-up price.

They're down to earth, chill, and as long as they aren't too busy always supportive of just talking about and sharing the love for the sport. They've been huge supporters of the local scene and a big sponsor for many of the Alberta wakeboard activities.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-10-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
www.soswakeboard.com

Craig has been involved in wakeboarding and skiing before Tony Finn and the Skurfer! He takes great care of us here in the northeast and will ship anywhere in the world! Great service!
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-10-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
http://www.theboardshack.com/mbriders.html

Arizona= THE BOARD SHACK, new locations, Troy and Mike have the best customer service in the state. BIG SELECTION of clothing (nofear,socal)and plenty of others.

Wakeboards and bindings CWB, Liquid Force, Gator
Go check them out, online or in person!
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-10-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
Performance Ski and Surf in Orlando. They have everything and a killer demo program. I got it good I know!
Old     (h2o_junkee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-10-2008, 4:24 PM Reply   
www.grizzly-sports.com

RV is the man!!! Always has killer deals
Old     (tpj)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-10-2008, 4:54 PM Reply   
action water sports...amazing service. its in michigan...the west side, best shop on this side of the state...but i havent tried anything on the other side of the state.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-10-2008, 5:29 PM Reply   
I 2nd Active Water Sports in Oregon City, all the guys know their stuff, from boat sales and service to the Pro shop and all with the best prices in the northwest.
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-10-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
a 2nd an 3rd an a 4th to PERFORMANCE, I only wish all retailers gave service like Bill's Crew......also, their continual contribution to the sport in every way, since,.....the beginning.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-10-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
The pro shop Ultimate Watersports in Fairfield. Ant and Mitch take care of me and my family. Good folks! I always get my gear from them each year. Ant, congrats on the new baby boy. Did you get the Push Process dvd yet? hollar back!
Old    walt            01-10-2008, 6:12 PM Reply   
Mike @ the Livermore Ultimate Watersports does a great job too.
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       01-10-2008, 7:50 PM Reply   
i would say DWC its right on the water and tom is a cool guy
Old     (toemas)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-10-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
Just Ride Sports and KCW in kansas city baby
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-11-2008, 4:08 AM Reply   
http://www.perfski.com/Store

I moved to the Orlando area from Texas and had several warranty issues on items purchased in my former state of residence. Performance Ski has gone above and beyond in helping me through issues that even Hyperlite refused to get involved in! They are top notch and you too can buy from them online at www.perfski.com!
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-11-2008, 6:21 AM Reply   
Cliff, I'm with ya on Wileys. Who cares if it really is in the ghetto...the food in that area is awesome too.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-11-2008, 8:22 AM Reply   
Wiley's in Seattle (Grant really knows his stuff, the rest of the crew always makes sure I'm taken care of -- even if I'm known as "the guy in a suit, from Yakima")

and Active Watersports in Oregon City. I get to pick up my new Supra in TWO DAYS, and I have to say that I have been very impressed so far!
Old     (cfd313)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-11-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
Marine Outfitters in Charleston Tn....they rock. Joyce and Tommy go out of their way to make sure their customers are satisfied. They work so hard to put on two great tournaments a year...people just dont get better than them
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-13-2008, 7:34 AM Reply   
And yet the great service and deals continue....Got a new board bag when I was just stopping in casually to shoot the breeze with Jason. Have not got my new Murray rig yet and I am buying accessories for it. But man, what a deal. I started to do some comparison's...even to real popular internet sites with really good deals......My store has them beat by a large margin. shoot...i even got an awesome deal on stainless steel hardware parts....their shelf price beat out the local and big box hardware stores. Just can not go wrong with Wilson.....Here's their number:800-875-2620. Keep posting your favorite shops....this really is a big help for when I travel....I know who I can go to when I need gear while away from home.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-13-2008, 7:37 AM Reply   
Cal, your that guy? I think I may have seen ya in there once or twice. I hate to tell ya, but Grant is no longer there...Darren and Stan both know there stuff too though
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       01-13-2008, 12:22 PM Reply   
Redline watersports in madison has always been amazing.

Fort fremont marine in fremont, wisconsin is also bad to the bone.

Both of those shops are not only straight up cool with great people working there, but they've also meant a lot to me personally as far as support goes when I was a wakeboarder that hit up all of their demos and contests. I'll be forever grateful and would never hesitate to support them.

YEAH!
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-15-2008, 6:14 PM Reply   
The Board Shop in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. For putting on the double up del noche and being cool cats. much love to jay and kenny.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-16-2008, 1:43 PM Reply   
Nick, I am that guy. I try to swing by Wiley's just about every time I'm in town (every two months or so), apparently it's been longer recently because I didn't know Grant wasn't there. But I'm glad to hear Darren still is there to take care of me. :-)
Old    bocephus            01-16-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
Arizona - Century Marine

They take great care of me and my buddies!!}
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-16-2008, 2:15 PM Reply   
M2 sports (Houston TX). They are great. Good customer service and great ski/wake board instructors. I have never had to ask for a better deal or if they could match a price. They are on top of things at M2. TANKS for every thing you have done for us M2.
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       01-16-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
Action Water Sports for sure! Check out thewakehouse.com if not in town.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-16-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
Coastal Surf and Ski, down in Manalapan(by about ten feet) across from the beach, they rule!
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-16-2008, 9:01 PM Reply   
I always had great service from Copes in San Jose. Super guys. Ultimate in Rancho took care of me when I had an issue as well. Props to both.

Here in Denver, the MasterCraft dealer took his personal time to help me fix some broken bunks last year (that another shop talked me out of replacing, just before they broke) when I was in a jam. That was a BIG DEAL to me as we had lessons stacked up that week.

Tommy's (Dave) helped me out as well when I needed to get something done before a trip.

I also really like the guys up at Sidewayz in Fort Collins. Ron seems to make an effort to grow the sport in the area without caring too much about not promoting events that are not exclusive to them.

I was just speaking of this with my friend Matt Winans last week when he was here riding thigh deep fluffy snow. Sometimes it comes down to your people skills and how YOU treat THEM.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-16-2008, 9:03 PM Reply   
I should add that we got one of our 2008 camp boats from the MasterCraft dealer BECAUSE of the service he provided when I was in a jam.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-17-2008, 6:47 AM Reply   
www.americanboatcenter.com

Knoxville, TN
Old     (caseman1322)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-17-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
I know it's lame to plug my own shop but I need all the help I can get right now. I just opened Tantrum Action sports in Greensboro, GA on lake oconee. So anybody that comes in my shop any mentions this totally lame plug of mine gets $20 off anything in the store. Right now I'm only carrying Liquid Force and CWB but if things go well we can add more brands in the future. For all the riders at lake Allatoona and Lanier I wanted all of you to know that we have plenty of water in our lake so if your lakes don't fill up by this summer feel free to check out Oconee.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-17-2008, 2:17 PM Reply   
Cason...it's not lame...it's business. I would like to congratulate you on starting your own business. And at the same time I would like to wish you good luck. If I am in the area......I will drop in and check out your place. I plan on driving down to florida this spring...ill google your location..who knows..maybe i can swing by then. Again good luck and thanks for supporting our sport
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-17-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
Active Water Sports in Oregon City, OR.

Bought a MB B52V23 from them last year and the transaction was a breeze. Nice folks in all areas of the business, (sales, service, pro shop).

One particular beautiful saturday last summer I had a service emergency, (dinged prop). Went over early saturday really not expecting the service area to be open. Even though the service area was closed, Greg found me a prop and replaced it on the spot. This happened even as the annual town parade had basically shut the business down. Thats customer service that I appreciate. This saved a sunny saturday for me and my wife and we just don't get too many of those in this part of the country.

I will definately being doing my business at Active for many years to come.

P.S. Greg, I still owe you a beer!
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-17-2008, 5:08 PM Reply   
Performance has by far the best customer service i have dealt with. I've been buying gear from them for close to 10 years now and will continue as long as I ride!!
Old     (jayray)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-17-2008, 7:06 PM Reply   
I've only been in Tantrum once and there aren't any other Wake shops in the area to compare it to but I think it was a great looking little place, and they seemed like pretty cool people working there. just the fact that we finally have some real wakeboarding presence on Oconee is awesome. Cason you are the freakin man for opening that shop. its about time we had something like this out here. If you don't want to plug your own shop then I'll be happy to plug it for you.
Old     (wannabewakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-17-2008, 8:22 PM Reply   
Stateamind Water Sports, without a doubt they are the best in St.Louis area.
Old     (bobert)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-17-2008, 9:03 PM Reply   
Idaho Water Sports

I know Idaho isn't the mecca for wake that Florida is or it seems Oregon is coming, but if you are ever Southern Idaho these guys are the best. The Water Ski Pro Shop is ok but it seems like if you aren't buying a new X-Star they don't care.

If any of you are ever in the area let me know and i'll show ya all the best spots.
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-18-2008, 8:25 AM Reply   
Texas Mastercraft pro shop has helped me out quite a bit, they know there helped me through my newb questions without flinching.
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-18-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
i can say without any hesitation that Trevor at Mobius Marine in Calgary has been great to deal with. Very informative and knowledgable on everything from boats to ropes and everything in between. The staff at Mobius has been all around great to deal with. I can't wait for spring to get out and take some lessons!
Old     (stusumm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-18-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
In Austin - The Ski Dock. Scott has the best customer service in the area!
Old     (greg_teskey)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-18-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
I use Mobius Marine out of Calgary,Alberta.Trevor Greer and staff have gave me outstanding service since the first time I walked through the door.They are very knowledgeable on all there product and even product they do not sell.They are very well connected with the pro wakeboard community and wake camps in the US.They even sponsor some well known riders themselves that are in the US.They have never steered me in the wrong direction on any product they sell.They will never sell you
anything you do not need or is not the right fit for you.Defintely and outstanding run pro shop!!!
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       01-18-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
JUST RIDE SPORTS
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-18-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
my buddy Jason at Wilson is hookin up my buddy John with the Pulse board and atlas boot for 80 bucks cheaper (for each..the boot..and the board...total savings 160 bucks) than the cheapest internet price that i could find. Best prices and customer service continues. I am super lucky to have them around the corner from me. I am going to make a point to drop in on Performance ski and surf this spring...from all that i have heard here...should be a fun visit!