Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Hydrofoiling

Old                09-13-2004, 8:31 AM Reply   
Just a note to all that the Texas Fly-In will be happening that weekend on the Brazos River just south of Weatherford. More details found at www.texasflyin.com If your nearby, don't miss it!
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-14-2004, 7:39 PM Reply   
We just had the northwest flyin this last weekend. It was a blast. I think that there was 60 riders that showed up and signed up.

It was pretty cool seeing some people land a gainer for the 1st time or doing skidders for the 1st time.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-15-2004, 10:14 AM Reply   
I am hoping to get there this year. Got it marked on the calander.
Old                09-28-2004, 1:50 PM Reply   
Jonathan - I want to THANK YOU for posting this out here. I went down to Texas for my first FlyIn and it was the best time I've had in a long time! Here in Kansas I have never seen another foiler. The Texas trip was like a dream. I landed my first invert - gainer off the wake and I'm psyched. Everybody down there was really nice and the whole trip was awesome. I can't wait until the next one!! If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have thought about going down there.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-28-2004, 3:11 PM Reply   
Jason, I think I met you on the dock. We talked about nobody else on your lake. You will need to come down to Wichita and ride sometime.

Ken(airfreak)
Old                09-29-2004, 7:56 AM Reply   
Ah yes, I remember you Ken. I had the Air Chair down there. I would never turn down a chance to ride with fellow foilers! Do you guys plan on riding any more this year? The boat I go out on is being winterized soon if not already :-(
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-29-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
I keep the boat garaged, so if I can break the ice, we ride. Debating weather to get out the long wetsuit or go straight to the drysuit this year. It was chilly this morning.
Old                09-30-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
Glad your trip was a good one Jason! Sorry I didn't meet you guys,(or maybe I did and didn't know it). I was in the blue and white Tige with the for sale sign on it. Where did you stay? Were you in tent city at Spitz's house?
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-30-2004, 6:35 PM Reply   
Johnathan, was that Paul's Tige'? Did I shoot some pictures of you?
Old                10-01-2004, 6:28 AM Reply   
I brought my tent, but Stacie wanted to stay at the motel so we went there. The only time I saw the blue and white tige was when it was floating at the beach with nobody in it. I'm terrible with names... but I never forget a face. I won the carbon fiber ski handle at the raffle in case you saw me. I never win anything so that was a real treat. I wanted that sky ski though... Can you believe Gary, the guy who won it last year, won it this year? hah!
I rode Mark's Batwing Sky Ski LE and it was sweet except for the "glitching"
Old                10-01-2004, 7:26 AM Reply   
That Tige was mine, it's listed for sale on the classifieds here on wakeworld. I'll have a photo posted on it soon. There was a guy there with a kid named Bill who took a lot of photos from my boat, but I forgot his name.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-01-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
Bill is my kid. I have emailed Paul H. who said I rode in his Tige', he had a heater core leak. I thought you might have been in the same group. I hope to get lots of pictures uploaded to the Team Texas web site for everyone to get. Did I take pictures of you?
Old                10-01-2004, 1:45 PM Reply   
No, none of me. I was the guy that invited you out in my boat to shoot some photo's of others riding. Then I gave Bill(sorry I called him Bob), a pull.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-01-2004, 6:53 PM Reply   
Here's one of those shots I took...
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-01-2004, 6:56 PM Reply   
IS this your Tige' behind Bill?
Old                10-02-2004, 3:28 PM Reply   
AirFreak... that is a pic of Geoff I believe. I was out on his boat. The picture has his handle that (I) broke Saturday evening so that must have been before then. Looks like he is doing one of his heli jumps. You took the shot as he was passing the handle. I have some video of him.
Old                10-04-2004, 6:03 AM Reply   
That's my Tige in the background( the blue one)that you only see the stern of.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-04-2004, 5:27 PM Reply   
Everyone who has been waiting for pictures I took while at the Texas
Flyin, they can be found here:

http://www.texashydrofoil.com/gallery/2004_Texas_Flyin_Ken_Engelmeyer/index.html

Big thanks again to everyone who helped with the Texas Flyin.
Another big thanks to Paul at Team Texas
(http://www.texashydrofoil.com/index.htm) for hosting all the
pictures I took. Hope everyone can find themselves. There are even
several of people who passed by, so take a look and see if you can
find yourself. Sorry for those who I may have missed. There is a
download button that should let you get the full size image.

Ken

(Message edited by airfreak on October 04, 2004)

(Message edited by airfreak on October 04, 2004)