Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old    dmpappy            02-07-2003, 12:50 PM Reply   
Few questions for everyone who has tower lights.

How often do you use them? How are they wired? Do they take a lot of juice when running? Can you keep them on when the boat is shut off between sets? Do you need to upsize your stock alternater?

Thinking about getting some but don't know if they are worth the headaches they may bring.

Thanks.

Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2003, 3:09 PM Reply   
The front facing lights are worthless on the water but, good for putting the boat on the trailer after dark. The rear are fine for riding and such.
Personally, I think people are chargine way too much for their lighting systems. I make my own for about $150. Wired up the lights to a quick disconnect and then ran the wires down the right front tower leg and into the cup holder. Then ran the wires to fully relayed switches. As many times as I've used them, I'd have to say the $150 was worth it to me but, anything else would have been a waste of $$.
They make great bug attractors too.

Chris
Get the grip you deserve
www.wakejunky.com/gatorgrip

also for sale
http://home.surewest.net/cfoye/96SportNautique/96SportNautique.htm

Old    mako_man            02-07-2003, 7:48 PM Reply   
Check out the side lights from Mako. They mount to the side of the tower which allows you to actually get light on the water, instead of just over the bow of the boat.

You can check them out at http://www.mako-ind.com