Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (maliburider7)      Join Date: May 2009       05-26-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
So I went to Don pedro this weekend on a house boating trip thinking I could get in some good wakeboarding in a random cove but nope. The water conditions for wakeboarding were horrible. Middle of the lake was like an ocean as well. Anyone have some good suggestions of lakes close to San Jose (within 3-4 hours) that are fun to go to and keep pretty calm?
Old     (maliburider7)      Join Date: May 2009       05-27-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
bump.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-27-2009, 10:56 AM Reply   
Whiskeytown, Rollins, Camanchee, Delta, Sacramento River, Bullards, Englebright, and Oroville would all be good to name a few.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-27-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
Hey Mike, If your looking for good riding close to san jose the delta is the best by far. You can be in disco in a hours drive.

As for local lakes calereo is good during the week to board, and sometimes anderson is okay but it gets blown out. Every other lake around that usually has decent water is so low right now not worth going.

A lake i went to last year and had a blast was orville its about a 3 hour drive from san jose but lots of places to find good water and they have really cool floating docks you can rent to go camping on.
Old     (maliburider7)      Join Date: May 2009       05-27-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
Nice! Thanks, yea I go to delta a lot, which by far is amazing wake boarding conditions. I'll give Orville a check to see what they offer.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-27-2009, 11:47 AM Reply   
Try New Melones, great lake when it's not packed. Spent a weekend there last year and moved it to the top of my Fav Lake I've been too.
Old     (malibu_guy)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-28-2009, 9:43 AM Reply   
Check out Bullards and Camp Far West in Marysville. Both have great water all day long. You need to go up the arms off the main body.