Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (papag)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-05-2008, 10:35 PM Reply   
I've been wakeboarding for a long time but just surfed for the first time last summer. After doing it once, I totally fell in love and am looking to pick up a board for myself and to use as a boat board for a while.

Last summer I used a friend's 2006 Hyperlite Broadcast 4'9". I only surfed on it about 5-10 times. So I'm just starting to get the hang of it. I'm now looking to pick up my own board.

From what I've read and gathered, it looks like an Inland Surfer Blue Loogie might be a good board to basically learn on and use while I progress. What I'm looking for are suggestions on if this is the right board for me and for use as a boat board while I teach my friends on my boat.

Any advice on whether this is the right direction to go or if there might be something better to learn/progress on?

By the way, I'm about 190 lbs.
Old    surfdad            06-06-2008, 5:02 AM Reply   
I'm confused. Inland makes the Blue Lake (5'4") and the Green Loogie (4'5" or thereabout) which were you referring to?
Old     (papag)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-06-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
Sorry, I meant the Blue Lake.
Old    surfdad            06-06-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
Blue lake is a decent board for most folks in your weight range. Not a bad choice. There are offerings from a bunch of other manufacturers also. Shred Stixx, TWP, ASC...the list goes on and on. Is there any reason you are partial to the Inland Surfer?
Old     (papag)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-06-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
No particular reason. When I was doing some research it seemed to be one that kept coming up. Also my local boardshop, NorCal Mastercraft, carries Inland Surfer.
Old     (ds3)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-06-2008, 1:21 PM Reply   
I've rode a few of the Shred Stixx and really like them. The Mako I think would be a pretty good boat board for a few people. IMO.
Derek
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       06-06-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
Smitty at Tracy Marine carries The Walker Project The Composite X 5.0 will work for bigger people it is to fast for the smaller folks. The Composite X 4.5 Works up to 180 lbs a little more with experience.
Old     (t_mann)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-06-2008, 9:28 PM Reply   
Hi Nick I weigh about 210 lbs and I rode the Blue Lake a lot last summer and really enjoyed it. It is a lot faster than the broadcast. I would highly recommend it, and if your local shop carries them all the better.