Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-20-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the DSLR thing, but I've got mine (20D) and I'm hooked. I've figured out a lot of things in the camera, but I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to post processing.

Can anyone recommend a decent book or website or something else that I can use as a starting guide? Or if anyone had time, I'll email them one of my RAW photo files, they can do a quick PP on it, and let me know what they did as a starting point?

Thanks in advance.

eric
Old     (lsurulzes)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-20-2007, 3:17 PM Reply   
I would always recommend fredmiranda.com if you haven't heard of it yet. I'm just starting too, but I would be more than willing to show you the little bit I know.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-20-2007, 3:34 PM Reply   
Andrew,

I'm on Fred Miranda (Actually where I bought two lenses and my camera, lol) but I'm just not sure where to go with beginning PP'ing. I've got the demo version of lightroom, and I'll probably be buying it when the demo period is over.

I'm just not sure where to begin with all of the editing options available on the sides of it...

Thanks for the help!!!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-20-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
Luminous Landscape and Outback Photo have some good tutorials on their respective websites. There are Photoshop tutorials all over the web.
Old     (lsurulzes)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-20-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
By all means read the tutorials that Rich posted, but also it helps to just play around with it and see what everything does. The more you work with it, the quicker you will learn what everything does and how to get the pictures to look like you want them.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-20-2007, 8:02 PM Reply   
this one is pretty good if you have photoshop:

http://ronbigelow.com/articles/curves-1/curves-1.htm