Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (boats4every1)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-17-2006, 7:47 AM Reply   
Just wondering if anyone has any boat, wakeboard, waterski, or barefoot tattoos. if you do lets see the pics.
Old     (jrogers26)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-17-2006, 12:18 PM Reply   
know a dude who has "Fresh Water" tattooed across his stomach, in a fish bone font.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-17-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
I have the Japanese symbol for water on my back and an anchor with a rose wrapped around it on my ankle. Not wakeboard related but water related.
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-17-2006, 7:36 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-18-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
Many wakeboard tats, can even imagine some barefoot stuff out there, but waterski? The waterskiers in my area can't even look an inked up dude in the eye.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-18-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
I saw this dude at the boat show last year. This big buffed dood....he had a waterskier on his shoulder in a hard turn (what else do skiers do?) with SHRED OR DIE! in huge letters.

I seriously felt bad for him....gayest thing I have EVER seen.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-18-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
LOL dangit J-rod, that inspired a new handle for me.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-18-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
There was this chick from San Diego who used to come up to the Canyon Lake comps years ago, think her name was Cindy, she had a lot of ink, had a huge one of Dean Lavelle doing an OHH across the top of her back (between the shoulders), was one of the coolest pieces of work I have ever seen. Oh yeah, Cindy freaking ripped, too.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on October 18, 2006)
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-18-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
I have seen the moomba roo too on someone... I am surprised no one has posted that...
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
I've said it before and I'll say it again, best WB ink ever is the back piece on a guy named Crash Killian, and that dude is old skool, had the full back piece in the 90s before tats even had become fully trendy outside of LA, Seattle and prison. I think I recall there's a pic of this guy in the WB Mag 10th anniversary issue. Surprise nobody can back me up on this.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-18-2006, 12:39 PM Reply   
was he the one who was shown in Retrospect? if so, I remember that photo from when WB mag first came out.
Old     (boats4every1)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-18-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
Tackleberry, I ski the course with lots of guys that have tats. Non of them are really related to any watersport, but in my area there are lots of people that still rip the bouys and are under 40 years old the youngest being 15. As for Jonny V. NICE
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-18-2006, 4:57 PM Reply   
I think you'd have to be either extremely intoxicated or mentally off to get a wakeboard-specific tattoo...
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-18-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
j rod, what boat show?
Old     (rippleeffect)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-18-2006, 10:16 PM Reply   
Tackleberry,

Oh yeah, all slalom guys are old nerds like little 6 foot five "Tower", Chris Parrish "#1 in the World in Slaom, with the tattoos on his left arm. Or ranked pro Trent Finlayson in the other photo- yeah they are all balding dentists, those slalom and all wakeboarders are punk kids with green hair and bad attitudes.. oh yeah, for sure.

Go to the pro events and you'll see that Slalom pros and Wake pros are actually friends, yeah and even crazier some have intermarried -GASP! Bisch and Rhoni, Cobes and Tarah, Jodi Fisher and Nicola Huntridge.That will spoil the bloodlines!

Let me see... what wakers started as three event skiers?

Jeremy Kovak
Darin Shapiro
Parks Bonifay (He's proud of it, I asked him)
Ike Eisenhower (Slalomed 35 off and Jumped 185 he told me today at work)
Aaron Rathy (3 event Junior champion)

ETC ETC Never heard of any of those guys??- Ha!

I'm just messin' with ya bro, its all in good fun (you probably just don't know as much as you thought you know..)

Wakeboard, slalom, do whatever is fun for you behind the boat, because someday you too may do BOTH like I do- its allowed!!

TM

(First time trying to upload photos- hope this works)
Upload
Upload
Old     (fbricard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-19-2006, 3:02 AM Reply   
I know a guy who tattooed the HL Parks 143 '03 picture on his calf. Looked pretty sick.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-19-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
Todd - you should probably switch to decaf... I guess you have never been to Canyon Lake...
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-19-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
HYJACK****
From another thread - "The clubs in ATL are all Ski clubs that do not like wakeboarders. If you can hook up with some folks on the site, you can get out and find some pulls. There are usually 2-4 touneys a year, Ambush is usually a main sponsor on them. If there is a touney happening...the slackers at wakeboardatlanta will have it up...but you have to look on the message board"

I guess the love between the 2 sports stops just below the pro level...

BTW - I was a slalom skier from 1972-1990. Stopped because I got bored with it, discovered wakeboarding in 1994-5, made a hat rack out of the slalom ski. If it weren't for wakeboarding, I would probably not be into any tow sports at all, and this industry would probably be on it's deathbed.
END HYJACK***
Old     (boats4every1)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-19-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
hey Todd. First off. I ski board foot and tube, yes I tube, when the water is rough. and get this Todd I am 25 and have been doing all sports my whole life I grew up in and behind them. So I probably know just as uch if not more than YOU. My comment was in respnse to tackleberry to inform him that where I come from a skier can look a tatted up guy in the eye cause he has a tat or two himself.

By the way, I am a wakeboard camp instructor, and have been for four years now, and we are starting to get into ski and foot basic clinics. this will help back up what?
"you probably don't know as much as you thought" (Ref. Todd McLennan {rippleeffect} on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 10:16 pm:-)

I am just looking for pics of guys or girls so diehard with watersports that they got the Tattoo to prove it.
Old     (rippleeffect)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-20-2006, 9:29 PM Reply   
Christopher R.
-First Off, I like your thread, that was why I responded with photos of two top slalom pros with Ink.Read the top of my message carefully it was NOT directed at you, in fact I agred with your second post, OK? My sarcasm was directed at TACKLEBERRY for not knowing as much as he thought, because he wasn't even aware that about 1/2 the top slalom pros are rockin' tattoos and there are only a couple guys remaining over 30. I was stating that because he has such a small exposure to some apparently lame slalom guys at Canyon lake ( Sorry Tackleberry, I have been there- Its really not representative- but I believe Both Rhoni B and Ricky G hail from there- both sides of this equation)
Second- I WAS KIDDING! Remember I said "I'm just messin' with ya bro, its all in good fun". Thats the problem with sarcasm, if someone takes you literally it will offend them- Sorry to anyone I offended, I was overstating a point FOR FUN.

Hey, the whole thing was written tongue in cheek to diffuse some of the baseless animosity between wake boarders and slalomers. There are less and less haters and more and more people who participate in both, especially as your knees get blown out or as you age- I used to to several different inverts but not so much anymore. I just spoke to Mike Ferraro who said he took Rusty and some other top wakeboarders through the slalom course last month and they loved it (Sorry Rusty, I hope you're not mad, the secret is out :-)). It is way more excercise and its challenging- try it sometime you might actually like it- even if you want to keep the supposed cool factor by dissing slalom, just remember things change and someday you too may slalom or maybe wakeboarding won't be cool and your kids will be doing the new "zero gravity wake jet pack gizmos" and they'll be chiding you mercilessly for being an old lame wakeboarder. HA- this is sarcasm-oops there I go again.

Bottom line- I slalom early morning for a workout and then wakeboard with friends and family for the rush and the fun- I also barefoot, jump, trick, showski and try anything behind the boat (except skiflying I don't have the cajones for that)-its all part of the progression of the sport, not creating division.

Have fun,

TM

PS-Just for the record, while I'm sure you guys are better riders than I am, I love wakeboarding ans yet still I support "both" sports as a sponsor which is controversial in itself. I have instructed all forms of the sport for 22 years- have run 3 different schools/camps. I work in the Industry quite abit, I sponsor Wakeboarders/Wakeskaters/Waterskiers and Pro Bmx riders so I'm not totally out the loop for an "old guy" . I do have to admit, It is fun to see one of you throw a pot shot and then get all riled up cause I throw one back, don't take it so hard, its good clean fun.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-21-2006, 12:10 AM Reply   
haha tattoos
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-21-2006, 6:18 AM Reply   
Yawn...
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-21-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
Christopher - I respect your response

Todd - "Hey, the whole thing was written tongue in cheek to diffuse some of the baseless animosity between wake boarders and slalomers." Too much arrogance in your posts for this. Hell, you didn't even comprehend my first post correctly (Christopher did).

Can we get back to the ink now?
Old     (kelli22)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-13-2006, 4:00 PM Reply   
Oh the topic of tattoos; When I was in Orlando for Collegiate Nationals a few weeks ago I decided it would be fun to get a tattoo saying "Wakeboard For Life" on my butt with a lil pic of a wakeboarder. Sadly to say 3 out of the 4 shops I went to on International Drive DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT WAKEBOARDING WAS!?!?!?!
Thats just sad...

Kels
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-13-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
i love me some wakeboarding and i love me some REAL tattoos, but i could never get ink of it. like, hell no.

(Message edited by madchild1 on November 13, 2006)
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-13-2006, 4:22 PM Reply   
TackleBerry, I still think there are more black sock's, trucker hat's and tattooed wake boarders then waterskier's....

The difference between wakeboarder's and waterskier's is the length of their short's
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-13-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
"shorts"...yeah, right, shorts...

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on November 13, 2006)
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-14-2006, 1:03 AM Reply   
so where are all the tattoos?
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-14-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
Im going to get some ink this winter I'll post my pic soon as I get it.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-14-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
I thought this would be an awesome thread but with only one pic I'm a little disappointed.
Old    walt            11-14-2006, 7:43 AM Reply   

quote:

I thought this would be an awesome thread but with only one pic I'm a little disappointed.

This topic has been beat to death in the past...Do a search.
Old     (boats4every1)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-14-2006, 6:16 PM Reply   
WCW if this topic was beat to death in the past It isn't in the archives anywere. do you have a link? It would be great if you did. But hey lets post the pics. That is why I started this thread.
Old    walt            11-14-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/211949.html
Old    walt            11-14-2006, 6:21 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/184915.html
Old    walt            11-14-2006, 6:24 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/4387/375377.html

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/232147.html

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/369103.html
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-15-2006, 6:11 AM Reply   
I'm suprised by that there aren't more pictures on all of those threads. Walt of the 5 threads you put up on 2 are from 06 and they are about other types of tats. Different threads than this one. IMO, I think that this was a great idea for a thread and it diffenitely has not been beat to death. 3 threads at the same time about dry suits (last week) or absolute vs. platnuim (it seems like everyday) now that is beat to freaking death. Nothing personal just my opinion.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-15-2006, 6:12 AM Reply   
by the way thanks for putting those up Walt.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-15-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
I'm interested in the tat thread and photos. Ink is great. But Walt, I'm wondering how you found the archive threads and Christopher couldn't find any. I've had trouble finding topics of interest in the archives before as well. Walt, what's your secret?
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-15-2006, 1:15 PM Reply   
I have had that problem as well. When I do a search it returns all types of stuff. Not just what I'm looking for. Are there some search functions or paramiters (SP) I'm not aware of.
Old    walt            11-15-2006, 2:17 PM Reply   
The search button is your friend.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-15-2006, 2:20 PM Reply   
I'll stick up for slalom skiing as one of the best sports out there for staying in shape. In my late 30's (over 10 years ago) I used to get up and hit the course before work every morning. But I really enjoy wakeboarding much more. No tattoos though.
Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-15-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
I have 3 tattoos but none of them are wakeboard related.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-16-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
"I think I recall there's a pic of this guy in the WB Mag 10th anniversary issue. Surprise nobody can back me up on this."

I have that issue. Took a look. The pic of Krash is pretty small, but it looks like a wakeboarder or skurfer coming off a big wave and the rope snapping.
Old     (bstphen24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-26-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
Not sure if it was this forum or not, but I'm trying to find a picture that someone had posted. It was a tattoo of a guy holding is kid on the beach. It was kind of a silhoette style tat. I tried searching but couldn't find it.