Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-04-2005, 5:28 PM Reply   
I have an 02 X2 that I took into the dealer to have it serviced. The next day I get a call that some things have been stolen off the boat. Get this though, they took the top half of the tower! I was shocked. Why they took the top half i have no idea. Maybe they couldn't figure out how to get the tower speakers off. Anyway, they took that, the bimini, the cover and the MC tower mirror mount. They had no idea what they were doing because I have 2 amps a sub and a clarion deck they didn't take. So, now I'm just waiting on the parts to come in so I can ride again. Unreal..
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-04-2005, 5:35 PM Reply   
That blows, friggin tools ripping stuff off.

My Calabria was broken into at the dealer too. All they did was take the crappy stock deck that was in it. While taking that deck, they did over $1000 in damage! Sloppy @#$@#$!s, I ended up with the new deck I was going to buy via insurance and a second towible Rankkin cover.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-04-2005, 6:09 PM Reply   
"Hy Jack On" why is it that most of the time when your boat gets broken into its at the dealer? You would think that the dealers would have a better way of keeping your boat from not being ripped off. Or is it just that when your boat gets stuff stolen off of it in fornt of your house no body post's it? It just seems that 99% of all the My boat was broken into posts come from the dealer?
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-04-2005, 8:49 PM Reply   
What MC Dealer??? Now you know that's a used car lot you left your boat on and those guys just thought it was some scrap aluminum! So what's the status??? Themersome high dollar speakers I sold you, want a reciept???
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-05-2005, 7:19 AM Reply   
Sounds to me like the dealer backed your boat into something and tore up the top half of your tower. He just took it off and said it was stolen. Why wouldn't someone take the subs and amps if they had enough time to take off the tower and mirror? Surely they would have looked around in the boat. If they were after your speakers, then a stereo is going to be present. WHy didn't they take that? Just a thought.
Old    powaman            07-05-2005, 7:51 AM Reply   
Ya know what? Pauls theory on this sounds like a pretty good one.Sounds realistic enough, maybe they had it up and a garage door was a little shorter then they thought. But it'd be impossible to prove so won't do much good anyways.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-05-2005, 7:59 AM Reply   
look for cracks around the base of the tower
Old    6more            07-05-2005, 8:24 AM Reply   
Actually stealing the top half of the tower makes sense. It has to be a lot easier to undo four bolts and take the entire top of the tower with everything still connected, that to waste time undoing each thing.

Four bolts and you walk away with tower speakers, bimini, and mirror mount in a very short amount of time.

It's amazing what theives think of. I would have never thought to do that. But it certainly minimizes the time spent taking the items.

(Message edited by 6more on July 05, 2005)
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-05-2005, 2:29 PM Reply   
Actually, I hadn't thought of the dealer messing it up...but I went down there and there was mud inside it. I don't know but it's a hell of thing to happen. My poor boat looks like it's been raped or something...it's a damn shame.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-05-2005, 6:40 PM Reply   
Here’s a positive story. Two weeks ago I had gear stolen from my boat, see my post: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/238074.html?1120258050

For the weekend of the 4th, we planned to go boating on the Muskingum and Ohio rivers at Marietta Ohio. Plans changed when the alternator on my van died around Zanesville, Ohio. AAA helped get my van to a shop but with the holiday weekend there was no hope to repair my van until the 5th – basically killing all hopes of any boating over the holiday. I called rental car companies but none answered, I was able to reach my sister for a ride home.

Now the real problem how to get the boat home – AAA does not help with trailers! The “service station” that the van died at does not allow unattended vehicles to stay in the lot longer than 24 hours. Also after getting burglarized last week I was really concerned about leaving my boat unattended.

While I was talking to the tow truck driver, calling rental car companies, and calling my sister a stranger, Drew step up and inquired about my predicament. Turns out Drew is a used car salesman with Mid State Auto Broker used car sales. Drew has or has had a number of boats, high powered jet boats. He said that he recognized that I have a nice boat and that without a tow vehicle on a holiday I had a problem. Drew pulled my boat into his lot with an old used van for safe keeping until I could get my tow vehicle repaired.

I picked up my boat today without a problem nor a scratch on it. So I guess not all used car salesmen are bad.