Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jimrowe0)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-09-2012, 3:52 PM Reply   
Looking for some opinions on a new wakeboard. I can't really demo any boards right now, but would like some feedback on the following boards. I have searched through past posts on this topic, but would still like some additional feedback.

My background is still in the beginning stages of wakeboarding. I bought a ski nautique 2001 last years and boarded behind it with the CWB pure. I wasn't a big fan of the board and could go wake to wake, but I haven't progressed past that.

The boards I am looking are all 2011 Ronix boards. Any feedback on the following boards would be appreciated.

2011 Ronix Mana, Viva, Ibex, Phoneix Project, and the ATR versions of these boards.

Thank you
Old     (JohnP)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-09-2012, 4:31 PM Reply   
The Ronix boards you have listed are pro models and are expensive. Unless thats what you want to spend. Do most riders need it no, but they buy it any way. If thats what you want go for it. There is no need for ATR if you don't ride rails. I rode the hyperlite State for a few years . it is a great board to progress your riding on because of the molded fins on the toe side are larger and allow you to learn toe sides better. If you are stuck on ronix as i am . I would recommend the vault which is the Ronix version of the HL state.
Old     (jimrowe0)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-09-2012, 5:40 PM Reply   
Thanks for feedback, I like the Ronix boards. I'm getting a good deal on these, so the cost isn't as important. However, I do want to continue to progress. I looked at the hyperlite, but I want to try a Ronix board after I wasn't impressed with the CWB.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       05-09-2012, 7:17 PM Reply   
Here is a review of the boards you listed that I have ridden.

Mana- Pretty aggressive board with tons of pop. I found riding it without the center fin was much better, more consitant pop off the wake, and I thought it had more speed. I really liked it, and would recommend it if you want a fast aggressive board with good pop.

Viva- VERY fast, clean consistent pop off the wake. Fairly forgiving, but shard edges that can catch the water fairly easily. May not be the best to learn on, but a great board once you get use to it!

Phoniex- Slow board, takes some time to get use too. You have to work for the pop, but is a pretty fun board to ride. Some people love it, some people don't.. Just a different style board that takes some time to get use too. May be discouraging at first, but it just takes some time to get use too.

Not sure what your buying situation is, but I would add the district to the list. Its really an awesome board that does everything well. Very easy to ride and adapt too, and I really liked riding it! Probably the best to start out out and progress on. I can't say enough good things about the District!

These are just my opinions, everyone has different preferences about boards. Hope this info helps, and good luck in the hunt!
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-09-2012, 7:30 PM Reply   
If you absolutely are totally sold on ronix and I personally would go with the mana. I have ridden that board a few times and I feel that it is very user friendly. The one tends to be extremely slow and I hear that the viva is very slippery. I haven't ridden the parks or phoenix so I couldn't point you in any direction there. Ronix is a great company and I don't mean to point you away from them, but have you considered slingshot, hyperlite or lf? All of these comPanies have awesome boards that will take you anywhere you want to go. I was extremely happy with my ronix gear, don't misunderstand me, I just feel like there are a lot of great deals out there from all companies, including Ronix.
Old     (JohnP)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-09-2012, 8:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Hooke102 View Post
I The one tends to be extremely slow
I agree, i ride this board, its a small hair slow for me but it does have the boot of the wake to back it up
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       05-09-2012, 8:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I agree, i ride this board, its a small hair slow for me but it does have the boot of the wake to back it up
I ride the 2011 board, I switched to the .8 ramp fins and I feel that it made a huge improvement. The new One board shape is much faster, but a little lest pop off the wake due to the smaller 3 stage.
Old     (JohnP)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-09-2012, 10:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotwake133 View Post
I ride the 2011 board, I switched to the .8 ramp fins and I feel that it made a huge improvement. The new One board shape is much faster, but a little lest pop off the wake due to the smaller 3 stage.
I'll have to try those fins, i ride the '11 as well
Old     (STLBlues4)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-10-2012, 8:23 AM Reply   
I just got the Mana and I love it so far. It has huge pop off the wake and the landings aren't too terrible like some 3 stage boards. If you want to save some cash the 2010 board is the same as the 2011, just a different graphic.
Old     (jimrowe0)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-10-2012, 8:33 AM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback. It looks like mana or viva which were the two I was thinking. I didn't think about the district. I'm looking for a quick board with pop, but need a little more forgiveness on the landings. Any comment to each boards ability to be more forgiving?

Thanks