Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-06-2011, 10:17 AM Reply   
Picked one of these up this weekend for a Living Room/Kitchen re-painting project that I got "honeyed" into.
This thing is awesome! There's a bit of a learning curve initially, but once I ironed out a few things, the job went so fast it was amazing!
My overall review....
-The batteries could last a bit longer. You get about 20-30 mins spray time per battery. However, it comes w/2 and ironically, the recharge takes almost exactly as long as a fresh charge will last so other than the initial charge, I was never waiting on batteries.
-Coverage is superb. No spitting, sputtering etc. However, if you move too fast you'll get pulse lines, and obviously too slow and you'll get runs. (learning curve).
It creates a ton of overspray. You MUST mask off, cover, barracade anything that you don't want paint on. But... because the mist that falls is so fine, it's dry by the time it settles, and is easily cleaned up w/a damp cloth.
-The unit is a little heavier than you'd think w/battery and full can of paint, but very easily handled w/one hand (like when you're 20 ft up on a ladder).
-The reversible flow switch on the nozzle is awesome for clearing clogs (which you WILL get if you let the unit sit for more than 10 mins). But it clears easily.
-WEAR A RESPIRATOR or at least a DUST MASK!!!
-For really big jobs, you can buy a back-pack attachment which will hold a gallon or so of paint, but A.) they're a bit pricey, and B.) the battery only lasts so long anyway, you're better off getting a 3rd battery and 2nd charger instead.
-Overall, awesome tool. Easy clean-up, Very sturdy, Superb spray quality, Makes really fast work of painting or re-painting.

This ProShot model is not available at the big box stores. They sell a cheaper "TrueCoat" model. This one goes for $499 at Sherwin Williams. (the backpack is +$200 extra).
Attached Images

Old     (crypted1)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-06-2011, 10:26 AM Reply   
Do you have to thin the paint in any way???

Last edited by crypted1; 09-06-2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: i can't spell!!!!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-06-2011, 10:31 AM Reply   
The Wagner Paint Crew has done right by me. No thining and it will spray all day.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-06-2011, 10:32 AM Reply   
no thinning required for the Graco either. Sprays it straight from the can.