Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-27-2003, 11:33 AM Reply   
Can you remove the tuna tower and replace it with any other tower, the swoop tower? etc.. while still using the existing holes?
any experiance? stories?
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-28-2003, 5:52 AM Reply   
Todd,

You'll need to measure the bolt configuration (2 holes vs 4 holes, front to back vs top to bottom, etc.) on your boat now and then do the same for the towers your interested in.

There is no standard in the tower market and each company does their own designs so it will be some good luck of you get an exact matach.

If the new base is larger than the old one then it would cover the old holes. In this case you would want to fill the old holes then I would recommend fiberglassing underneath to get the strenght up in this area.

Bill

(Message edited by monstertower on May 28, 2003)
Old    millertyme            05-28-2003, 10:48 AM Reply   
Whats wrong with the skylon tuna tower? Mine seems to do the job well?
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-28-2003, 2:09 PM Reply   
i like the look of the new swoop and was just curious if i could replace it while still using the existing holes.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-28-2003, 4:50 PM Reply   
If you want to go to the Skylon Swoop you'll need to have the old holes filled and do a fresh install of the new tower. Just make sure there won't be any overlap in the old and new holes.

You might think twice about installing a Swoop, and if you're set on that style of tower, I would go with the ProFlight version.