Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-20-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
I've got a Hyperlite broadcast 5.6, I can't seem to spin a 360 on it. It seems like the 3 fins are huge and digging in too much. Can anyone here shed some light on spining a broacast board? I'm having a tough time getting this board to break the spin.
Old    surfdad            10-20-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
Removing the center fin will make it easier. The key is to break the fins loose, done correctly it will feel like you are spinning in place. Check this video of James, he does 3 surface 3's in a row. The board he is riding at the time had 4" futures, check his body position entering the 3 - pay careful attention to where on the wake he is actually placing the board.

http://www.wakepics.com/img/20436
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-20-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
The Trick Boardz Mojo will spin like a top. However I'm still working on staying in the wake on my spins. The seasons over for me:-(, maybe next year:-)
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-24-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
I have the same board and what helped me was to think of the 360 as 2 180's. Get a good bottom turn and when the tip goes up the face of the wake, try to ride the board back down the wake backwards to keep you out in front. Once you come back down you should have plenty of speed to do the last 180. The board will naturaly want to right it self. When you are first getting up, ride the board backwards and you will get a feel for the last 180.

When I was trying all in one move, I was sinking the nose a lot. Taking the center fin off helps out as well. Once I got it down I put the fin back on as it helps to carve harder.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-24-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
Jeff and Jason, thanks for the tips. I will remove the center fin. It does seem like the fins are tracking so hard, and I can't seem to get it to break loose when tyring the 3. Do you need to tape up the holes after removing the fins so water doesn't shoot through the screw holes? Lame question but still got to ask.
Old     (surfkid)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-24-2006, 6:35 PM Reply   
The water does shoot through but doesnt affect the way the board rides. It might get annoying though having water shooting into your foot.