Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            06-12-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
I finished one post on the Ja Mako, this second review is for the newest Design about to be offered by Shred Stixx. I'm sure the new outline will be on their website in short order. The outline is very similar to the Ja Mako. With a few subtle differences. It is narrower and that lends to a slightly different nose and tail. As with the Ja Mako, this new design is performance oriented. The drive was strong and this board loved to be driven by your rear foot. The board came equipped with 4 inch side bites and a 3.25 trailer fin. The smaller trailing fin still allowed plenty of drive, but was also easy enough to break loose. This board would appear to be designed specifically for folks that want to air. It's drive down the line, coupled with sharp rails running the length of the board provide for agility and enough speed to launch the board. I didn't find it as forgiving as the Ja Mako, or the winged version of the the Shred Stixx, but it isn't really designed as a beginner's board. It's most certainly a performance board and provides down the line speed for airs. Towards that end, I also believe it gives up a bit of mobility on the surface. I found that surface 3's required more effort and concentration. Breaking the trailer fin loose required a bit more weight shift than I was comfortable with.

Again, all the same attention to detail with the other Shred Stixx models...nose and tail guards, full deck traction and solid construction.

Pics of James giving it a rip.

Upload
Upload