Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    kmreastcoast            10-16-2005, 7:07 PM Reply   
can i just say....mizzou homecoming parade. how about the180s he was pullin. way to be bobby....i love our team

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-16-2005, 7:20 PM Reply   
if you're wakeboarding on the street w/o a wake, wouldn't it be skateboarding then?
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-16-2005, 7:24 PM Reply   
Bindings, rope, handle, and actually being on a wakeboard, set it apart from skateboarding
Old     (zerp)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-16-2005, 7:29 PM Reply   
Mizzou has a wakeboard team? How many people do they take on the team?
Old    dclems            10-16-2005, 7:32 PM Reply   
wakeboarding or not, that is awesome. great pics.

btw, i think it's more wakeboarding then skateboarding.
Old    kmreastcoast            10-16-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
haha well, its actually the mizzou water ski team, but there are a lot of wakeboarders...and wakeskaters. we just held a wakeboarding comp w/ku--thats what that post about ever jump a boat is from....anyhow, we take anyone who wants to be on the team. its a blast btw, the most fun ive had since ive been here...
Old     (zerp)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-16-2005, 7:53 PM Reply   
Sweet, I'll probably be going there next year and will definitely be joining if I do go. Where do you guys ride? ::Hijack over:: Regarding the original post, I'd say since he's got the rope and vest it could qualify as wakeboarding.

(Message edited by zerp on October 16, 2005)
Old    kmreastcoast            10-16-2005, 7:56 PM Reply   
umm...we practice during the week at lake paragon. its like 10 mins away--its a private lake with a slalom course and a jump. but like every weekend we go somewhere....if theres no comp we go to the ozarks w/our boat...or sometimes mark twain or lake st louis
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-16-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
I did that once. Lots of road rash and still a sore shoulder as a result. I didn't have a skate board under me and yes, alcohol was involved.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-16-2005, 8:17 PM Reply   
we did that in homecoming parades at UF, except using longboard skateboards.

also i have a buddy who strapped on a wakeboard and rode down the street behind a car with no wheels. thrashed the board for sure.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-17-2005, 4:18 AM Reply   
Two summers ago I ripped it at lake shaffer,IN in their ski show at the amusement park for about a week, during that week the state was pounded by severe storms and flooded the whole state...Needless to say there is nothing but corn and a whole lotta' corn fields in Indiana. Fields were severly flooded along the side of roads as well as the roads, so our dumb ass's took it upon ourselves to do a lil' street/field skien, boy that was stupid...

J-Rod, as you well know, some of the worlds best and most stupidest stunts were under the supervision of the ol' alcohol
Old     (jay_j)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-17-2005, 7:31 AM Reply   
J-Rod...... LOL..... Yeah I remember that, I think I was actually pulling you with billy when it happened!! That board looked great when we were done. LOL
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-17-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   
Ha ha - very cool...and original!
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-17-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
nice.
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-17-2005, 2:03 PM Reply   
Allright, this is too good an opportunity to pass up.

Calling Pirana182, calling Pirana182, post the midnight wakeboarding/dirt road/golf cart/alcohol influenced video from the August River Trip to Wakepics and post a link here!

Old    gschmidt            10-17-2005, 3:51 PM Reply   
Haha! Thats me on the left side of the pic jumping back into the boat! Yeah, it was really funny watching this...I had to jump out and save him. The edges of the board got shredded from a few falls though.
Old    substance13            10-17-2005, 8:55 PM Reply   
Thats sweet. You mizzou punks are crazy.
Old    proklater            10-17-2005, 10:28 PM Reply   
HAHA we are doing that this weekend for our homecoming at Cal Poly ... Crazy you guys just did that too, Should be hilarious...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-17-2005, 10:34 PM Reply   
Jon you know its gonna be just like Shasta, when you think you've seen one dude behind a boat on the street BAM(!!) There is 9 people behind one boat! Thats just how CCAW rolls.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-17-2005, 10:45 PM Reply   
Tyler,

Sounds very interesting. Gotta see that one. Should convince me NOT to camp with you guys!! Oh wait! I mean, Yea, sign me up. Sounds like my kind of fun!
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-19-2005, 6:04 PM Reply   
haha I love it
Old     (westcoastripper)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-20-2005, 9:53 AM Reply   
i wakeboarded in my park once when it rained for like 4 days.
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       10-21-2005, 4:12 PM Reply   
that looks so dangerous..if you fall while in bindings..its gona hurt bad!!..awesome though..come to my town parade pleeeez
Old     (jaxboarder)      Join Date: Dec 2001       10-21-2005, 10:57 PM Reply   
Last year when Hurricane Frances pounded Jville some kids were riding through the neighborhoods behind a car...it got the news' attention and was on tv
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-22-2005, 8:17 AM Reply   
I like Harfs fist hand on fuel t.v. when it shows Parks, Shane, Harf, Ect. wakeskatin in the streets after the Big storm in Florida. It looked like they where havin a blast. Its also on the bonus disk on The Butter Effect. Harfs First Hand.