Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-11-2005, 3:36 PM Reply   
I can do hs and switch hs blind 180's on my switch I can ride blind or land wrapped. I would like to learn how to do a late reg hs blind 180 and ride wrapped. If you are doing them where are you looking they say to look at the trail the boat makes. I tried some but got worked (but prob didn't look in the right place). Anyone have any ideas or am I just going to need pay the wake gods on this trick?
Old    wakeboardn4life            09-11-2005, 4:12 PM Reply   
ive heard you should stair at your foot or the horizan but thats just what i hear
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-11-2005, 4:39 PM Reply   
look down as you throw it.......for passing the handle early watch the shore line. oh yea....and throwing it late as in after you are on your way down is key to landing wrapped. Late=easy.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-11-2005, 7:27 PM Reply   
Sir Squidness,
I have found that it's much more about handle position than it is about where you look. Also, head up, chest down... but you probably got that part down. Force your handle to be where it would if you were landing a big fs 180 (or a krypt). If the back of your wrist is tight to the opposite hip bone, you'll probably escape the wrath of the wake gods. Good luck! We need to hook up and ride together soon. I think it's been 8 years since I've seen you ride.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-11-2005, 8:06 PM Reply   
Alright. Both of you guys report to Orwood on tuesday after work.

Matt did you stomp the vulcan or the Sbend at nationtionals?
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-11-2005, 9:35 PM Reply   
Matt, thanks that sounds like it would work, but it sounds like I am going to be paying the wake gods for sometime. J-rod thanks so much for the offer but I will be out of town on mon and tues.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-12-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
Squid, one more thing. Grab indy first, then take it to blind by putting the handle where it should be. The grab puts you in a good position and should help prevent catching the edge.

J-Rod, I threw the vulcan, but it wasn't a good one. However, I did stomp a large hasslehoff off the double up. As for riding Tuesday, I haven't ridden since nationals. I flew back that night and while hooking up the boat to leave for Lake Powell, I threw my back out to such an extent that I did not walk for about 3 day. I'm still trying to get it back to normal.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-12-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
ouch. Sorry to hear that Matt.

Contrats on your Nationals success.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-12-2005, 12:01 PM Reply   
Hey sucka... You're riding with us. Allen and I are on.

I still need to get on the boat with Matt and Squid. For some reason I keep missing out on those days.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-12-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
I'm screwed for Tuesday now too. Wednesday and Friday are my only free days.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-12-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
URGAY