Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-10-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
Wondering where most of you locating your subs, under the port console or aft compartments?I have dual ballast in rear.(08 v215)

I'm looking to run a single 12 with a beefy Punch amp, or any suggestions on a good amp that could run 300 or so watts @2 ohm and push a couple roswell tubes w/ 6.5" phoenix gold speakers would be sweet too.

I see its been a few months so feel free to show off your sleds and systems.

UploadUploadUpload
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-10-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
I run a JBL GTI 10" (this is a comp sub requiring 600W RMS/3000 peak)under the dash in a sealed enclosure I push it with a JBL GTO1201.1II amp and it pounds like crazy. I have it facing towards the bow and the amp is mounted on top of the box with 2 others for interior and tower are mounted on the wall. There is then a false wall screwed into the box so it's all completely stealth and would be very difficult to steal.
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-10-2008, 11:35 PM Reply   
I have a Boston Competitor 12" sub mounted in a sealed box under driver dash and is hidden by the factory panel. The box was screwed to floor before mounting sub so very hard to steal. With a 12 you will have to get a little creative with your box shape to get enough air space. 2 amps mounted under glove box in storage compartment.
Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-16-2008, 3:53 PM Reply   
Sorry for the bump,thanks guys I hadn't really considered under the drivers dash. I was hoping for some pics of some setups if any one has any.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-16-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
I have a 12" arc audio flatline series in a small sealed box under the driver dash being powered by a JL audio 1000.1.
Old    mendo247            01-16-2008, 6:59 PM Reply   
I got a few pics..

Here is your "beefy punch amp" lol

Upload

And 15" L7s
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    mendo247            01-16-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
Nice boat by the way!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-16-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
Wow, that looks like it costs more than my entire boat. RAD.

If you are a baller on the budget you can do something like this. I built a box to hold the heater on the back with outlets to the side.

Upload
Upload
Old    Ben Kerran            01-17-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
Dave J- Sic boat!! I would recommend something similar to Richard's set up. This will literally stop people from enjoying their dinner
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-17-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
Does the footrest on an 06 V215 come out for the driver, my install would be easy if it did, but it seems like its glassed in there, whic is gonna force me to make a new box, I already have one with the 12 mounted but I can't fandangle it under the driver s dash due to that footrast with sanger written on it.

Thanks
Old    mendo247            01-17-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
The whole seat mount and foot rest comes out as one piece.
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-17-2008, 12:03 PM Reply   
There are 5 screws in the carpeted part of the seat base in front of the seat and two under the seat in the little storage cubby under seat. You will have to remove the seat in order to get to these screws unless you have a right angle screwdriver. Seat removes with four nuts under seat cushion. Only thing to watch out for is over tightening the screws when reinstalling seat base you can crack the gel coat around the edges. Dealer did it to mine and had to replace it. Good Luck.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-17-2008, 12:17 PM Reply   
Oh thats really good news, I probably won't have to build a new box now, thanks