Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (rshea99)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-12-2010, 6:22 AM Reply   
I have 2 Sony 600watt amps I had the one in the boat already. I was wanting to run my tower speakers off 1 amp and the front and rear off the other amp. How do I wire them i had my other system with the one amp wired through the high input where you wire your speakers together with a wiring block that plugs into the back of the amp from the stereo deck then you ran the speakers into the amp or out of the amp. How do I wire it the other way or can I.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
Dude, rewrite this. Im trying to figure out what you are saying but cannot.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-12-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
I think he's asking how to run rca's from his deck to his amp vs. using the high/speaker level input?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-12-2010, 12:06 PM Reply   
I would forget the hi-level signal route, unless your head-unit does not have RCA outputs.

Most H/Us will at least have 2 RCA outputs, one for "front" and one that may be labeled "rear/sub" which means it can be set to run either an amp for speakers or a sub.

Run one set of 2 chnl RCAs from the "front" output of the head-unit to one amp and run a set of 2 chnl RCAs from the "rear/sub" output of the head-unit to the other amp. You may need to split the 2 chnl RCAs at the amp and plug into all four RCA inputs in order to get all 4 chnl to play. So you would need 4 splitters.

The amp's instruction manual will show you this as well.
Old     (rshea99)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-12-2010, 6:06 PM Reply   
Thanks that was what I was trying to figure out.