Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-01-2009, 9:53 AM Reply   
Just thought I would share some clips out of the new camera. I'm still trying to work out all the kinks and I think it's getting better every time out.
Test 1

Test 2
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-01-2009, 12:10 PM Reply   
What made you go Panasonic instead of Nikon or Canon?

Stuff looks good. Look forward to seeing more footage in the future.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-01-2009, 4:32 PM Reply   
The new nikon was to expensive and I have not really seen any footage out of it except the amazing low light stuff. The D90 has no manual controls for video. The Canon 5D was a little outta my price range for something I don't know will work for what I need it to do. Also heard from a bunch of people saying the GH1 was a better "VIDEO" camera than the 5D. I was up in the air between the Canon 7D and the Panasonic for awhile. They both have their goods and bads about them. This little Canon vs Panasonic review is what pretty much sold it for me.
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=187165

If you look at the cards, the Canon has some strange color moire. They are Black and White cards but the canon mushes them into greens and Purples. Where does that even come from? Plus the Panasonic has better audio and more Lens options via adapters.

Although I have seen some amazing footage come out of the Canon 5D and 7D from Justin and Chase and some not so amazing footage from some others. That just goes too show that it doesn't matter if you have the best camera in the world, it's not going to hide the fact that you don't know what you're doing with it.

Checkout this amazing video by Chase shot with the Canon 5D

Thanks for the comment
}
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-02-2009, 8:10 AM Reply   
Ya the footage looks real good, thats crazy that it shoots audio when your shooting over cranked like that.
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-02-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
B, do you have to convert to 60fps in Cinema Tools or does it come out of the camera like that?
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-02-2009, 11:30 PM Reply   
Nice Brinks! Any rolling shutter issues when panning?
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-04-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
brinks...

So.... was it worth the money? I want a video camera and my wife wants a still shot camera... this struck my attention.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-11-2009, 4:07 PM Reply   
Sorry for the delay guys!
SB- Yeah I have to conform in Cinema Tools. It comes out of the camera at 59.94 and I conform to 29.97 for the slow-mo

KF- I haven't seen it yet, Knock on wood but I am also not whipping the camera around.

H2O- I'm really liking it so far. I just had it down in Mexico for a week shooting for Danny's new vid and tested some really cool slow shutter video stuff. Here's a frame grab of some of the video I shot:
Upload