Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-10-2008, 4:34 PM Reply   
Did you ever get things worked out with your boat????
Old    surfdad            06-10-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
Josh,

Thanks so much for checkig in with me, that is very kind of you. It's not often that folks go out of there way like you just did. You will go far in life, I'm certain.

I finally settled with the insurace company and have that check in hand. Keep your fingers crossed, I should have the boat back by the weekend!
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-10-2008, 8:46 PM Reply   
Nice, good to hear!
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-10-2008, 8:59 PM Reply   
Glad to hear they covered things for ya
Old     (goofrthanu)      Join Date: May 2008       06-11-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
I heard you were looking into getting an Enzo. Is this true? Glad to hear things worked out for you. Say high to the family.
Old    surfdad            06-11-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
Hey Noelle - word spreads fast! :-) We stopped in at Capitol Watersports up in Sacramento. It used to be the old Tige location. Looked at a 230, very nice boat. Not sure that it works for the way that we typically ride/use the boat, but it's always fun to look. Give our love to Corey and the kids. Will you be in Texas? I know that Corey will be, it'd be great to see you all again.

Also, thanks to all for the well-wishes.
Old    surfdad            06-14-2008, 8:24 AM Reply   
Lookie what I got back! :-) I basically have a new engine - not 100%, but dang close. I'm very pleased with my insurance - Foremost and while the haggled with me quite a bit, they did come through in the end. Off to do some break-in hours today!

Upload
Old     (ianhedburg)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-14-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
Good to hear Jeff. Hope you have many great surf sessions...
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-14-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
Have fun Jeff! What all did they end up fixing/replacing?
Old    surfdad            06-14-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
Thanks Ian - I have a few days of break-in ahead of me, but soon we'll be surfing again.

TXSurfVLX - I weaseled a long block, installed, out of them, for my deductible of $250!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-14-2008, 6:35 PM Reply   
Good to hear. Now I suppose we'll see fewer board building posts.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-16-2008, 5:33 AM Reply   
Right on Jeff! Doesn't get much better than that!

(Message edited by bac on June 16, 2008)
Old     (murphini)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-16-2008, 8:16 AM Reply   
The new engine for your deductible is gained from all the good karma you've earned from posting so effectively to all the newbies on the board!

That being said, I hope you made a complete act of contrition and said a few rosaries for penanace for getting a new engine for your deductible!

We haven't been able to go out and surf due to weather for past 2 weeks, but I did pick up 2 540# sacs for our 24ve for the surfing wake like you suggested.
Old    surfdad            06-17-2008, 4:54 AM Reply   
Tx and Show are you guys following me? :-) Thanks 'bro's.

Murphini: LOL! I need to convert to Catholicism! :-) Karma or whatever, I was blessed that's for sure. Not only that it was covered by the Insurance (not that I am intimating it was easy - I had to fight with those folks tooth and nail, but that's just biz...OR they paid just to shut me up! :-) ) but that I have it back in about a month's time at the start of the season. I am thankful, trust me.

I hope that you get that wake nailed down, let me know if I can help any more.
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-22-2008, 5:15 PM Reply   
Thats awesome!! im glad to know things got worked out! im sure james was bummed for a while. i know that feeling of haveing a broke down boat. not one i like very much lol
Old    surfdad            06-28-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
Thanks for the sympathy Josh. We were back on the water today! A little light on ballast, but we're getting closer! :-)

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       06-28-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
Light on ballast? You were just missing me in the back corner.
Old    surfdad            06-28-2008, 5:21 PM Reply   
We always miss you when you aren't crew!...but also I left the waterbed fitting at home, so we were down 500#'s?
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-01-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
its nice to see james actually doing a REAL sport!!!!(first pic) just playing..haha
Old    surfdad            07-01-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
Living dangerously there Josh! :-)

(Message edited by surfdad on July 01, 2008)