Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-31-2012, 8:46 AM Reply   
Anynone get a change to ride the 2012 version of this board. I want to support Jobe and am looking for a new cable board with flex. Open to suggestions.
Old     (Stephen_at_Jobe)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-03-2012, 7:22 AM Reply   
Hey JoeLo, Stephen from Jobe here shoot me a PM and we will get you taken care of Glad to see you want to give us some love!
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       08-10-2012, 5:44 AM Reply   
Since I didn't get any feedbak I am creating my own review. Let me start by saying first, the peeps at Jobe are great, super nice, easy to talk to, knowlegable and the store is full of really nice stuff for all types of water sports, not just wakeboarding. Second, I am an intermedite rider at best, I'm not quite up to big transfers or super hard nose presses but I love the sport and want to progress.

I got to try the board out at OWC last night for an hour with my nephew so we stuck to the beginner/intermediate cable. It is completely flat with a sharp rail all the way down the board so when you lean on it it starts to take off immediately. This is nice cuz you can take a long mellow edge or a late sharp edge into an obstacle and still build predictable speed but you can burry it if your form is bad. It has 4 long short bolt on fins which I left in but probably could have done with out at the cable. The base slides nice and is very predictable. Because of the flat bottom it lands with a little less forward momentum than I'm used to from my Witness but this is to be expected from a cable board and I found it to be an easy adjustement. On the rail, I've never ridden better and I think it's becuase of the complete package of base material, quite bottom shape and flex. Like I said earlier, I am not advanced so I wasn't really pressing anything out but I was able to ride the complete rail on just the end of the board because it felt like my minor body adjustements weren't so dramatically transfered through the board to the rail, rather the board flex adjusted and the end stayed steady and quite where it was in contact with the rail. I definately felt the flex even though from an outside observer it probably wasn't obvious.

Overall I really like the Jobe Guerrilla, it made me more confident and my ride more fun. This weekend I'm going to give it a go behind the boat and then head back to the cable to try some more stuff and see how it feels. I'll let you know how that turns out.
Keep an eye out, the guys and gals at Jobe told me big things are in store for Surf Expo.
Old     (mpfiste2)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-10-2012, 11:54 AM Reply   
I'm not on the Guerilla, but I've been riding the Austin Series all summer. This is my favorite board that I've owned to date. The looks are striking off the bat but the ride of this board is phenomenal. The biggest difference I have noticed is the pop. I had to dial things back a little at the beginning of the season because I was getting bucked a little higher than I was ready for. It also has just the right amount of flex. I don't think it is officially considered a flex board, but it definitely has some play in the tip and tail. I'm definitely going to keep my eye on Jobe. I actually got the board from the Toys 4 Tots auction on this site. Austin set up the shipment personally and was very cool to deal with.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       08-10-2012, 1:03 PM Reply   
That's right, I forgot to mention the looks. The Guerilla looks sick with my all black Ronix One boots. The cable operator noticed right away and was stoked to see a Jobe board on the dock.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       08-16-2012, 9:18 AM Reply   
Ok, my demo is over but I got a couple more rides on it first.

I got one short set behind the boat on Saturday in bad water. The board is obviously not made for boat but it road pretty good. I'm not flying into the flats, especially with the water conditions that day so I can't say the flex really cushioned my landings noticably or anything. Like I said before, it lands with less forward momentum than I like but it was generaly fun to ride. I don't think I would ride it behind boat personally, especially in the chop.

i went back to OWC and rode cable for a second time. This time I removed the fins which solidified that I am no expert. It is so flat that I really didn't enjoy it with out the help of the fins to lock in my edge. There are no bottom features at all to provide some support for a rider of my level. I basically had the same experience as before I just had to work alot harder to hold my edge and stay in the water instead of on top of it. I didn't really notice a differnce on the slider, I think it is because the bolt on fins are plenty long and short so they didin't catch when bolted on.

If your looking for a flat board for the cable and your pretty good, don't overlook the Guerilla Flex.

I can't wait to see what Jobe comes out with at Surf Expo in regards to some new flex boards with some bottom features.
Attached Images