Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (blazin4life)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-04-2007, 8:17 AM Reply   
I just got accepted to the University of Oregon the other day. Just for fun I was wondering if there was much of a riding scene in the Eugene area?
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-04-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
I have talked to quite a few people that ride around Eugene. You can always roll up to Portland and drive over to Bend for some good pulls as well. Your WW screen name will fit in perfect at U of O. Go Ducks.
Old     (shoulin)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-04-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
Bummer, Couldn't get into OSU huh well you can always transfer later.

(Message edited by shoulin on January 04, 2007)
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-04-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
I lived in Southern Oregon for a long time and I have friends that ride the Willamette (Spelling?) River up in Eugene, Salem, and Portland a lot. In Portland there is a boat dealership/board shop called Active Water Sports, get in contact with them and they can point you to all the good spots.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-04-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
Tom, welcome to Oregon. Great wakeboard scene in the northwest. Here is another site to check out for info on the northwest riding scene. www.wakeboardnorthwest.com Bring your dry suit
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-04-2007, 12:40 PM Reply   
Also www.pdxwake.com is a bunch of guys who ride on the Willamette up in P town
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-04-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
I am down at U of O right now (well in salem for the break) but we ride during the spring term quit a bit at Fern Ridge. Its not a very nice lake but its only 15 minutes away so it works great for us. There is also....

Foster 45 minutes
Green Peter 50 minutes
Cottege Grove 25-30 minutes
Dorena (sp?) 30 minutes

And there are a lot more around there. The water is going to be COLD until June, but there won't be anyone out until then. Will you be bringing a boat or just trying to find rides? Being that everyone is a college student there aren't a whole lot of boats that you will be able to find rides on. My friends and I usually take our parents boats down at keep them at Fern Ridge during the spring term cause its too cold still for our parents to get any use out of them. I am leaving (graduating) this summer so I don't know if I will have any time to board this spring

As others have mentioned, the "scene" in Portland is much more alive then down in Eugene, even Salem is a lot better then Eugene because it actually has wakeboat dealerships in town. The Willamette River in Salem (and more specifically) in Portland is where lots of wakeboarding happens. The river is a little on the dirty side, but almost always has glass to be found. Detroit Lake, Lake Billy Chinook, The Willamette River, Foster Lake, Prinevill Resivor, and Devils lake are some of the more popular riding spots in Oregon.

BTW- if you have any questions about the University or Eugene in general, feel free to ask.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-04-2007, 5:30 PM Reply   
Patrick named all of the good riding spots, except Prinville. Prinvelle sucks, don't go there.
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-04-2007, 6:48 PM Reply   
TOGA TOGA TOGA

Animal House was filmed there
Old     (mrdenial)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-05-2007, 12:40 AM Reply   
What's wrong with prineville?

I guess if you don't the water from below, don't go to prineville =) (Okay, it's not always like this)

Upload
Upload
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-05-2007, 4:57 AM Reply   
Mrdenial, your not helping me here
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-05-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
www.pdxwake.com. a godd part of the portland people are on there