Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-16-2005, 3:11 PM Reply   
Whats up all? Haven't posted or even looked on WW in over 2 months. Been real busy out here in the mid-west. As most know I am now living in Oklahoma and the riding is a little different out here. I can't even explain how much I miss the delta and the west coast crew. Will be back out to Cali the first of August for 2 weeks and hope to see some of you on the water. I am having fun teaching newbies how to board, you don't understand how many have never even heard of wakeboarding out here.

Will post photos soon of this seasons riding. Miss you all on the west coast have fun in sunny California.

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-16-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   
sunday 7/12, 5.2 in anza, ca (riverside county)
tuesday 7/14, 7.0 off the coast of crescent city (norcal)
thursday 7/16, 5.3 in yucaipa, ca (san bernardino county)

still miss cali?
Old     (stephaneeee)      Join Date: May 2002       06-16-2005, 4:01 PM Reply   
Mike,
I feel your pain! I moved to Phoenix Az from Folsom, CA a year ago. I miss California so much it's painful!! There is no place like it. The riding here in AZ is different as well. Once you have been riding the rivers and deltas of NorCal, well, nothing else can compare.

Another year or so working in AZ to save up for that new 21' Supra...we do what we gotta do. But I'm back to CA as soon as I have the $$$ for the new boat

Joe - yep, even miss the earthquakes. I've rocked & rolled through all the big quakes in both Southern and Northern CA. There's still no place like it. You don't appreciate it until you've lived in another state. We have a Shasta trip planned for the first week in August - thank god! Counting the days....

It's 105 today....ugh
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-16-2005, 4:08 PM Reply   
Stephaneee, where in AZ are you? my cousin and his wife live in Mesa, and we decided to houseboat it at Mead this year, because they thought the trip to shasta would have been too far for them, with their 3 yr old. we are meeting them halfway, coming from so cal.
Old     (stephaneeee)      Join Date: May 2002       06-16-2005, 4:21 PM Reply   
Thomas - I'm in Phoenix in a little place called Ahwatukee at the base of South Mountain. It's about 15 mins. from Mesa.

We chose Shasta because:
1. my daughter lives in Sacramento
2. she is turning 21 on August 6th
3. I'm turning 50! the same week!!
4. We love Shasta and have a lot of good memories there (Boardstock)

We thought about Las Vegas for the big birthday bash, but then we decided wakeboarding is really what our passion is. We can always hit Vegas anytime.

I'm flying in from Phoenix then we're driving up to Shasta (Antlers campground) for a very fun filled few days

I definitely want to do the houseboat thing at both Mead and Powell. After we get the boat, it'll be booked!!!

Have a great time at Mead! Sounds like a blast!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-16-2005, 4:27 PM Reply   
Stephanee - congrats on both celebrations! I had a feeling about flying in. it was going to be a little difficult for them to do that, with all their gear. cool. have fun at shasta. I am pretty sure we are headed that way next year, regardless.