Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-07-2009, 8:33 PM Reply   
I have absolutely zero experience with site creation, but after several drunken campfire discussions over the last year or two about doing this, I decided to launch a website for my crew. I bought the domain this past Thursday and after 3 or 4 hours of work I published the "First Draft" of the site. VERY simple with no frills... anyway, feel free to check it out:

Http://www.ALWake.com
Old    wakejjboard12            02-09-2009, 7:50 AM Reply   
very cool luker! i talked to ted at cancer freeze and he said to get in touch with you. i have a few pics of ben hitting the slider if you wanna throw them on the new site.

also didn't know if you guys finished the new rail but if not and you need and extra hand let me know!
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-10-2009, 4:33 AM Reply   
You can check out the progress pics on the site. There is a link on the Projects page. We are about 3/5ths done I'd say. Still another 2 days or so to go. We'd love a hand. Maybe next weekend... V-day is putting a kink in working this weekend.

I think Alex and Rob Corum may be putting in some time Sunday though. I'll be out of town but You could give Ted a call to see if he'll be there as well.

Peace!
Old     (trewblu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-13-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
how do you become a crew member?
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-14-2009, 8:02 AM Reply   
Right now its going to just be the local guys we ride with. I may add a "Friends" page to give some love to other Alabama riders with a picture and a link to their myspace or something.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-14-2009, 8:03 AM Reply   
If you're interested send me an email with a picture of you and a url to your website/myspace etc...

alabamawake@yahoo.com
Old     (elliottdollar)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-16-2009, 5:28 PM Reply   
Alabama Wake! Props from Texas. I've been ridin' for about 10 years & even got family in Birmingham & Florence but I've never rode in AL. I've spent some time on the Tennesee @ Guntersville and have been to Logan Martin before but where are the other AL hot-spots for ridin'?

Do you guys ever have any festival type events or large grassroots tournaments?
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-16-2009, 6:17 PM Reply   
Wakefactory.net puts on a dope grassroots event up at Guntersville called Spring 2 Summer. A 2 day contest and 2-3 day rail event. My crew has put on No Worries Tour for a few years now with 3 stops a summer but we are probably not doing it this year because our sponsors have backed down in the rough economy. Check out the "Events" page on the site for a link to some of the stuff we do.

Hot spots are Guntersville and Lake Martin for sure... plenty of other crews represent the state strong from smaller lakes but the larger group of Outlaw level riders are in these two areas.

Come hit us up at Spring 2 Summer this year!
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-16-2009, 7:13 PM Reply   
If any of you guys ever wanna ride Smith Lake give me a shout. I have a loaded down 04 210. Just shoot me a PM and I can give you my #
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-16-2009, 7:46 PM Reply   
We ride on the Warrior River about 30 minutes west of Birmingham. There are only a couple of hard core people that ride in our area. We have a Sport Nauti and a VLX that we ride behind.
Old     (zach2orjack)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-17-2009, 7:15 AM Reply   
JDUB, I would love to hit the lake again this summer. I'm trying to buy a boat soon but work is slow right now so it's been put on hold for now. I've got the wetsuit ready and I'm thinking about buying a dry suit. I sent you a pm.
Old     (zach2orjack)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-17-2009, 7:18 AM Reply   
Luker, I met a few people from wakefactory at the boat show. I bought a few raffle tickets. I'll be at spring 2 summer.
Old     (wakex2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-17-2009, 9:34 AM Reply   
we're in the Florence area and hit up the Tenn River there about 4-5 days a week... my roommate just bought property on Smith Lake and is next door to another good friend's place so we're gonna be holding it down there most weekends... we hit up the little bear reservoir chain of lakes pretty often and hit up the Tenn-Tom water way in north east miss from time to time... we got a stout crew w/ a few guys who can ride... got a pretty decent network of riders in this area too
Old     (elliottdollar)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-18-2009, 7:19 AM Reply   
Right on! It sounds like Alabama Wake is definitely holding it down. I've got to holler at some of you fellas before I head up there again. I'd love to ride on all the AL waterways because it's such a pretty state. I'm thinking that the Tenn River near Florence is definitely on the radar as well as the Warrior River near Birmingham. Patrick & Stephen... I'll try & hit ya'll up when I know I'll be in the area again.

Luker, thanks for the info bro... I appreciate it. My family & I used to go to a rustic resort in Guntersville called, "Osawintha". You know of it?

Guntersville is where watersports all started for me at age 5. I've since moved to Southeast Texas & do all of my riding here, (Beaumont & Houston). If you guys are ever in Texas & need a pull then feel free to hit me up. I'm linked in with all the Outlaw riders here & currently I've got an all white 08 Malibu VLX that we like to load down & rock-out!

Me & my Texas crew have an annual tournament that we always throw in June called the "SETx Mid-Summer Classic". If you guys get a wild-hair then ya'll should come down, check out our private lake and kick it with us for a weekend. We're only about a 5 hour drive south of Dallas/Ft. Worth which is holding the 1st stop of the 09 PWT, (our event is 2 weeks after the Pro Tour.) Check our website: http://www.SETxWakeboarding.com
For you collegiate riders, we have a collegiate event coming up as well. See the events page for more details...

Thanks for the heads-up on the AL ridin' scene. I look forward to meeting some of you over the course of the up-coming season.
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       02-18-2009, 8:40 AM Reply   
There are good riders everywhere in AL I think. Guntersville is probably holding it down for the northern part of the state, but there are many good riders on Smith Lake, Logan Martin, and just recently I've met up with a group riding near Gantt Lake in southern AL.

Spring 2 Summer is gonna be great this year I think. We are anticipating at least 80+ riders this year. We moved the evert up 2 weeks (June 6-7) because of PWT schedule conflicts. The City of Guntersville is behind us all the way and helping in any way they can.

The rail jam will be later in the year (July 11-12) just so we can concentrate on one event at a time and not put too much on our plates.

There will probably be a few other smaller rail jams and what not, but we haven't done much work on that yet. I'm hoping to get something going at Bridgestreet, a new shopping complex that went up last year. They have a big pond with plenty of area for spectators, vendors, bands, etc. I think it could bring alot of people to a new developing area of Huntsville.

Thanks for everyone's support and we will see you this Summer.

Jason
Co-founder of http://Wakefactory.net
Old     (zach2orjack)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-18-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
A rail jam at Bridgestreet would be sweet.
Old     (wakefactory)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-18-2009, 6:08 PM Reply   
Luker, thanks a ton for helping us spread the word about WakeFactory. Your website looks really good. We will put a link to it on our site asap. Let us know what we can do to help you guys out in your area.

I want to add a few things to what Jason posted. The Spring 2 Summer event will start Friday night June 5. We are renting Boondocks this year and showing Ian Zinner's new wake movie that night with some rail action afterwards. You don't want to miss this. Ambush/Buywake.com is going to have some of their riders come over and they are bringing some free swag to throw out plus a few other surprises.

Saturday and Sunday will be the comp.

This year is going to be tough for some of the grassroot tournaments. I know because 90% of our sponsors can't really help out much but they do wish us the best. I can totally understand. Times are not so great for a lot of people and families. However, the WakeFactory crew is not going to let this economic slump slow us down nor stop what we have worked hard for. I have been working in New Jersey and New York, many miles from my kids and family, since 1st of September just to fund this event out of our own pocket. We started this quest to bring our vision of wakeboarding to life. So with the help of all of you, the riders, we will make this event just as big as last year along with all the great times.

Thank you to everybody for giving us your support,

Dustin
Old    wakejjboard12            02-18-2009, 6:31 PM Reply   
Dustin,
Thanks for all you guys are doing! The crew from Gantt is DEF gonna try to make it up that way for the events.

-jj
Old     (bawllaoutacontrol)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-19-2009, 10:24 PM Reply   
wutup Dustin? This is poke. let me know if you guys need any help when the spring 2 summer roles around....im gonna take off work and come up there probably that Wed and stay until monday!
Old     (wakeboarddrumma)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-20-2009, 7:51 AM Reply   
Glad to see we finally have another Alabama site up. Good work. The AL wake crew is legit, or at least the few guys i know (Woody, Jeff, Michael P.)
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-20-2009, 8:15 AM Reply   
I'm stoked to see all the responses and to know that AL is progressing.

S2S is going to be epic for sure. Dustin - let me know what we can do before hand to help out. BTW, renting Boondocks is a brilliant idea man. I had a blast at the Jam last year and with Ian's vid premier and the jam this year it should be amazing again.
Old     (wakex2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-20-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
Dustin good to see you're still holding it down man... been a while... bought that Parks HL board off of you you when you were in Hazel Green and i was just starting at Auburn umpteen years ago seems like... but i'll see what i can't do about getting some of the NW AL crew over for the event... sounds like a good time
Old     (bnall)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-20-2009, 7:35 PM Reply   
Luker, the site is lookin right bro. We haven't had a chance 2 meet but JJ has talked a lot about ur crew, hopefully we'll get 2gether this season!

Wakefactory, it was a blast gettin 2 hang out and ride with u guys at the cancer freeze can wait 2 hang with u guys again!
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-21-2009, 6:54 AM Reply   
Yeah man, I've heard about ya'll... I remember JJ's pics of your Epic right after you got it. Honestly bro, that was the first one that I really liked... the wrap is bad a$$. You need to bring that bad boy up here one weekend... we can have an Epic vs Nautique weekend!!!
Old     (bnall)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-21-2009, 8:54 AM Reply   
I'm down man... just prayin 4 warm weather!
Old    wakejjboard12            02-22-2009, 2:56 PM Reply   
A few pics of the slider build today with the ALwake.com guys. I didn't get to stay until they launched this bad boy but I'm sure there will be pics coming soon!
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
WW's very own Luker hard at work...
Upload
Upload
Old     (bnall)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-22-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
That thing looks SICK!
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-22-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
It floats!!!! Done homie!

http://www.alwake.com/Projects.html
Old     (wakefactory)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-23-2009, 5:09 AM Reply   
Brother, that looks sooo sweet! I cant wait to get a few pulls over that.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-23-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
Wow, that is quite the project, but looks like a really fun slider for all levels. Nice work!!
Old     (torontothunder)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-24-2009, 10:18 PM Reply   
Here is a video of us launching her.

Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-25-2009, 5:25 AM Reply   
MIKE!!!!! Welcome to WW Homie!!!!!
Old     (bawllaoutacontrol)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-25-2009, 8:02 AM Reply   
Mike! wutup man? call me when you session that thing i wanna know how it goes. can't wait to come up and ride on Martin
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-25-2009, 8:36 AM Reply   
hahahah the dude with the yellow sweater fits the song perfectly! great vid! will visit again
Old     (torontothunder)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-25-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
Luker, cha bro.. I thought I would join the party!

Matt! I don't have your number!! But we put together a quick video of Jeff, Alex and I hitting it. I will send it to you. And I will see you this weekend in otown!
Old     (bawllaoutacontrol)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-25-2009, 8:32 PM Reply   
yeah dude we'll shred