Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (paddock)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-16-2010, 10:52 PM Reply   
I have a 10, 8 and 5 year old that want to get out this year for first runs. We have a good stock of larger (130+) boards, but nothing smaller for the little guys. Preference is to keep it cheap because it will probably only last 1-3 years until they outgrow it.

Found a cheap board/binding combo at Walmart (Nash Jr Wakeboard) for $94.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nash-Jr.-Wakeboard/8812067

Any Thoughts?
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-17-2010, 7:34 AM Reply   
Bought this board for my son in a 118. He rode it for a year then passed it on to my daughter. I have used that board to get a few different kids up for their first times and then some. If your willing to spend a little more, you can get a more modern board. One problem might be with the bindings. You might have to buy two different pairs for the youngest and your oldest. I would go a little big on both that way you might get two seasons out of them. I would bet you could recoup most of your money back if you were to sell in a couple of years, or keep them around for any other young kids you might have out on your boat.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Liquid-Force-Nemesis-Wakeboard-Size-124cm_W0QQitemZ300388346061QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item45f08a68cd

or call these guys

866-444-BEAR

I have bought a ton of gear from them, and there prices are as low as you will find, plus great customer service. Call them up and let them know how much you want to spend and what you need. I bet that ends up being your best bet.

(Message edited by pnichols on February 17, 2010)