Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (ranger305)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-07-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
I'm brand new to wakeboards and need some advice on low cost bindings to get started. I have a good CWB board. I would like to have a binding that others can use as well, but understand that getting one that is widely adjustable has drawbacks. I'm looking at these as starters to learn what I want/need, but I want something that will hold up well if I'm happy with them. I will probably stay a "casual" rider, no inverts.

I've found what I consider to be great deals on a couple sets of bindings locally and need some experienced opinions. The two are a set of gently used 06 LF Alphas or some newer Hyperlite Remixes. Both are in my budget range.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-07-2010, 8:06 AM Reply   
what exactly is your budget range?
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-07-2010, 8:31 AM Reply   
Check out BoardersBestBuy.com they have '08 Zeus's for $75 which look pretty good. They're a pretty high end binding but are super cheap. Only thing is sizes but if you're in the 12-14 range you're sorted. These should last you. Check it out daily as the offers keep changing every day. Saw a pair on yesterday for 50 bucks!
Old     (ranger305)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-07-2010, 8:47 AM Reply   
Budget range is <$85 if possible with the possibility of upgrading later in the year if I can convince my wife I enjoy riding and need something better :-). I just don't want to buy some expensive bindings only to learn that they don't work for me or go way overkill to start off. On the other hand, I don't want bindings that make it harder to learn either. Keep in mind, I have never ridden a wakeboard. I have an interest in bindings that others can wear which is my attraction to the Remix. While I have a second smaller board for the kids to use with some adjustable boots, it would be nice to have something most adults could use on the CWB. I can also get the Hyperlite Focus within my budget.

The Zeus is a great deal, but I wear size 10.5-11.

I've seen Obrien Devices on clearance, but I'm not sure those would hold up well or fit me well as they only go to 10.5/11 depending on the ad you look at.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-07-2010, 9:07 AM Reply   
I have ridden the Focus bindings and they are comfy...either remix or focus would be a good starter binding....and if you decide to do inverts they will still hold up well...
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-07-2010, 9:16 AM Reply   
just go to a shop a get something that is in your price range and still comfortable. the hyperlite remix and focus are great adjustable boots.

or get a flat deck wakeskate for under $100 and you will never need bindings. good option for you too since it sounds like you never want to do inverts. there are a ton of simple trick options that dont take a ton of balls to do while beginning. and everyone can use the one board.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-07-2010, 9:24 AM Reply   
Try and find a closeout CWB Torq. For a few reasons it is the number one selling beginner/intermediate binding. Its got the Hinge which allows easy access, it has an adjustable toe piece that allows a range of feet to fit comfortably, they are comfy as heck, it has dual laces that let you cinch it as tight as you want. It won't wrap as high as an upper level boot but it will allow others to ride comfortably and be plenty supportive to advance.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-07-2010, 10:19 AM Reply   
I got an unused pair on Gator Gonzalez closed toes in size 11. I will let them go fairly cheap, since they are to big for me. Let me know if you are still looking.
Old     (ranger305)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-07-2010, 3:48 PM Reply   
Forrest, no decision yet, still looking (snowing, so no massive rush). I'm open to options. I found out the alpha's I was looking at are actually '04's.

The wakeskate idea is ok, but I already have my wakeboard.

I like the Torq, but closeouts on them don't seem to exist right now.

In my list so far, I'm leaning toward the Remix.
Old     (tenniswiz37)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-07-2010, 3:55 PM Reply   
closeoutdude.com or even ebay!!!
Old     (ranger305)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-07-2010, 4:58 PM Reply   
Been watching e-may. Closeoutdude seems a bit higher than other sources?
Old     (tilleryboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-07-2010, 5:57 PM Reply   
i saw a website where hyperlite 08 murray closed toe is $150.

good deal?
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-07-2010, 6:10 PM Reply   
the 08s really arent really all that great....killed my feet....not too comfy in my opinion.....

(Message edited by tchs22 on January 07, 2010)
Old    mitchp1002            01-08-2010, 10:51 PM Reply   
I have some Ronix One Bindings. CLosed toe, THey are by far my favorite bindings.
Old     (pwo)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-09-2010, 10:40 AM Reply   
Today's http://boardersbestbuy.com/ is 08 Liquid Force Watson OT, and they have 11-12 at least. Might be worth a look.