Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    gatorade            05-24-2004, 6:29 PM Reply   
i was looking on wakeside.com and it showes the pop and all that for both the boards. what has more pop, better control, and rides in every thing the best. i dont remeber seeing a post like this so plz dont give me i only want imput from people who have ridden both. i have ridden the 03 parks so i know alittle about it,
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-24-2004, 7:19 PM Reply   
i havent ridden both but i have ridden another liquid force board, stick with the parks
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-24-2004, 7:25 PM Reply   
Personally, I prefer the Subjekt. To me, it is a much more predictable ride and behaves a lot like the Byerly.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-24-2004, 10:23 PM Reply   
haven't ridden a parks or a subjekt, but I can tell you that I don't like that super agressive 3-stage HL rocker found in the Byerly and the Parks. I rode an '02 Byerly 137 and found the Substance I ride now to be much more predictable and more floaty without losing any height. Something about the rockers on Liquid Force boards that's just really good.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-24-2004, 11:41 PM Reply   
I've ridden both and I think the Subjekt is for sure the best way to go. I ride a TFD right now and love it with my 04 Ultras. I'd go with the Subjekt but its so much slower then my TFD so I find it aggravating trying to cut out hard on it, also I hate how low it rides in the water. Coming from the TFD it would take some time to get used to sitting that low in the water. Other then that the Subjekt rides, pops, and lands Great! The parks was just alright too me. Cut great, a little less predictable pop then the Subjekt or TFD... just didn't ride as well as the Subjekt did although it rides a little bit higher in the water I think. The Subjekt also has cupped fins so you don't have to worry about sharp metal ones like the Parks or my TFD. Subjekt tracks great..... out of the two my money is on the Subjekt for sure and it's lighter.
Paul's opinions only-
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-25-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
Jeff- Why are you considering two boards with very agressive 3-stage rocker? From your profile, it looks like you currently ride a board with continuous rocker. I like both the Parks and the Subjekt. The Subjekt is much lighter (especially with LF bindings) and I prefer its ride, though the boards are pretty similar. However I suggest that you also test ride some boards closer in shape to your current ride, like the continuous rockered LF Team or a subtle 3-staged Balance.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-25-2004, 9:14 AM Reply   
You might like the TFD, very quick, good pop, rolls on edge extreamly easy, very soft landings, continuous rocker predictability...
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-25-2004, 8:59 PM Reply   
why not try the Litmus??? I'm sure that board would be awesome and so predictable...
Old    go_otago            05-26-2004, 12:47 AM Reply   
try out the Substance - it'll give you better pop than the Subjekt.
Old    gatorade            05-26-2004, 7:52 AM Reply   
well ive ridden a byerly,parks,premier, belmont, and drifter. i have not ridden any liquid force stuff but i really want something that has more pop than the boards i have know. i might think about the tfd. i like the premier how it roud but i like the pop on the parks so im trying to find soemthing in the middle of that.
Old     (nickpman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-26-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
subjekt
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-26-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
Yea TFD is something you'll have to demo to see if you like it but from the sounds of things i'd go with the Subjekt. My buddy rides the Subjekt and has been for a year and a half.. just tried my TFD and he is switching now so who knows.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       05-26-2004, 5:59 PM Reply   
Like people said, don't narrow it down to 2 boards, one that you haven't ridden. For instance Ive been riding a premier for 2 years, tried my friends byerly once, Im hooked. But now I wonder what else is out there. You can't really take anyones opinions on a board because everyone rides differently and has different conditions. Find a board that rides for you and your overall setup, you may be surprised after trying a few
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       05-27-2004, 6:18 PM Reply   
Parks sucks, subjekt good. TFD is good too.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-27-2004, 6:47 PM Reply   
Of the boards I've ridden, the Subjekt is my favorite. For me, everything about it is perfect except the landings; they are a bit hard because of the relatively flat bottom and 3-stage rocker.

The GB Gonzales is pretty nice too.

Anyway, nobody can tell you what YOU will like.