Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-21-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
i wear a size 11 and got a size 11 boots. does any one have a problem with jaming their toes. or maybe they just arent broke in yet. how do your boots fit? what size did you get compared to what actually wear ?y toes are just barely touching the ends when im just standing still on the swim deck?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-21-2008, 4:43 PM Reply   
your toes should be just barely touching. wear a size 11-11 1/2 shoe but i get my bindings a size small so i can ge them even tighter. i like to be locked in. i still have yet to have a problem with jamming my toes or anything else.

as far as the rest of the bindings go i found them to be too stiff at first but after about 8 rides they were broken in very nicely and super comfy. what color did you get the white or grey. if you have the grey ones they should break in a little faster because the tounge is a bit thinner because they were the first ones produced. the white ones and byerlys were made after them and they thickened up the tounge for some strange reason.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-21-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
the murrays need to be worked in, i wear an 11 and got an 11 after a few rides they will work in and be super comfy!
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-21-2008, 5:32 PM Reply   
ive got the grey ones but my white ones are comming in and i was wanting to make sure i didnt need to get a size 12.. i was out the other day. actually almos two weeks ago and my big toes is still hurting me. i jammed it landing a sketchy back roll and wondered if maybe my boots were a little small. i thought about getting a 12 and using the insert to bring it down to 11.5. so do they loosen up or strech so your toes dont touch
Old    willytown12            04-21-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
did you guys take the plastic inserts out of the sides?
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-21-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
no i ride with them
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-22-2008, 7:00 AM Reply   
I've got a pair at the house that I thought were too small. I tried on a 10 at the boat show with socks on and my toes rubbed the ends so I ordered an 11. I got them in and when I try them on with no socks, I can make my toes on my right foot rub the end. Is this the way they are supposed to fit? This is my first closed toe boots. Please let me know ASAP since my dealer is going to order me another pair and if I can stop him in time I will.

Thanks.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-22-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
if your toes are getting jammed forward you just need to tighten them down tighter. i ride so tight that my feet start to fall sleep in 10-15 minutes and cant ride longer than 30 minutes. i have been ridin closed toe for 3 years and have never had a problem with my toes being jambed
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-22-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
I just got 07 Murray bindings.. same issue. Wear a 10, got the L/10's. Not used to closed toe, but tight on toes for me too. I have only ridden them once so I am hoping they will break in.. probably help when lace system breaks in and holds foot/ankle better.. HOPE SO!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-22-2008, 7:55 PM Reply   
some poeple have a mind block about closed toe. it is different but if you look at it differently you will love it. the closed toe gives you extra leverage when edging on your heels. once you figure that out you will never go back. the only thing that compares that is open toe is the cwb bindings that have the articulated toe piece that is pretty much almost completely closed toe. the other thing about closed toes is if you jump into cold water your feet are warmer.
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-24-2008, 5:17 PM Reply   
so when i put mine on and my toes are slithly touching the ends. is that ok? is this how they are supposed to fit?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-24-2008, 8:06 PM Reply   
yes
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-27-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
well i hope that they will strech a little before my toe breaks..
Old     (smithwake101)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-27-2008, 8:50 PM Reply   
i been riddind the white ones for 4 months now the same ones and at first there so stiff so i put them in a hot tub/ bath tube and they really sofend up also i took the stiffiners out and now there so killer try that little remidy it worked for me
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-27-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
How much height do the Murrays add? The sole looks it would add a half to whole inch compared to other boots.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-27-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
actually the murrays and byerlys have less height in the foot bed than LF and Ronix
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-27-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   
Good to know, I am going to have to seek out a pair before I purchase bindings. They look like they would be great boots.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-28-2008, 9:14 AM Reply   
I wear a 9 shoe and got the 9 murray 2008.....my big toe slightly rubs the front. make sure to tighten the option 2 strap.....it feels like you cant tighten it but work at it and it will make a difference.

from what I have seen compared to my liquid force watson 2006....the footbed itself is not as thick.....but as far as how high off the board you are...its def up....like you said 1/2 inch or more