Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Maddog10)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-18-2010, 1:44 PM Reply   
What up guys. I went out wakeboarding about three weeks ago with a buddy of mine and knew the first time I got up that I was hooked. Needless to say, the following week I had an 09 LF S4 LTD and some 09 LF Soven Bindings sitting in my living room . Well I got to take my board out for the first time this past weekend, and I just thought I would share some of the things I learned.

1. I prefer a "goofy" stance. I don't know how common this is, but I am right handed and naturally would rather ride with my right foot forward. Not a big deal I don't guess as riding switch isn't really too difficult.

2. The water hurts more than I originally thought it would. I got up first try and rode a little ways and then figured what the hell, let's go for it. I tried a w2w right off the bat and came up about 2 feet short and crashed hard haha. Shook it off and kept rollin though.

3. As with any sport, just because the pros make it look easy doesn't mean that it is.

4. It is by far the most addicting thing I've ever done in my life. All week long, the only thing I have thought about is when I can get back on my board. Headin out tomorrow!

Just wanted to share my experience with everyone. Me and my buddies had an awesome time and are for sure hooked after last weekend. None of us are very good yet, as a matter of fact none of us three can even w2w consistently at this point. We're getting there though and are having just as much fun as anyone on the lake. I bought my wakeboard just so that I would have something to do on the weekends when we're at the lake, sort of as a hobby to pass time. I can already tell though that it's turning into something much more addictive than that.