Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    chasepriest            10-29-2003, 2:44 PM Reply   
Ok i need to get some new bindings and im not really sure what i want to get, so what does everybody ride and how do you like them. Thanks.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-29-2003, 3:31 PM Reply   
I have some '02 LF Pro LS in size Med. I will let them go for cheap. They are brand new and have never been ridden. I purchased them for my girlfriend and they were too small.
Pro LS

(Message edited by wakeripper on October 29, 2003)
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-29-2003, 3:34 PM Reply   
are there any particular features your looking for in bindings?
Old    chasepriest            10-29-2003, 4:03 PM Reply   
Thanks Randy but my girlfriend has those and doesnt like them to much. I rode EXOs last year i really liked them, but i got larges and they were to big by the time they were broke in. i want something with a lot of support, and i like my bindings snug, without being impossible to get in and out of. i guess i just need some suggestions really because my description doesnt narrow it down to much.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-29-2003, 4:43 PM Reply   
Lace up bindings are usually easier to get in and out of, compared to one with overlays. Overlays provide and nice stiff feeling, also usually light. My favorite are the Ultra suctions, they are difficult to get in and out of.. I also like the parks, Has support comfortable easy on and off, but they are very heavy
Old    chasepriest            10-29-2003, 5:58 PM Reply   
yea i actually bought the parks, but took them back because i wasnt sure thats what i wanted. do you know anything about the new byerly's. i know there were lots of problems with the BOA system last year, i was wondering if they improved at all for this year.
Old    ilp00dragon            10-30-2003, 4:52 AM Reply   
Try the 04 Temet bindings or Parks bindings. I tried the Parks bindings, they are really comfortable, locks safely and secure yet allow movement with ease.. You can try searching the forum on Temet bindings also, there are good reviews.

Hope this helps.
Old    chasepriest            10-30-2003, 7:13 AM Reply   
the temet has the boa though, have they fixed it from last years byerlys because there were a lot of problems with those.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-30-2003, 7:58 AM Reply   
You can't go wront with the CWB Zeus'. I have a pair this year and I will be getting another pair next year. Tons of support, very light, and they lock you in. Plus they are easy to get in and out of. By far the best that I have ever used.
Old    chasepriest            10-30-2003, 8:44 AM Reply   
i was actually checking those out the other day, they look like they are really comfortable, how is getting on and out of them, and how do they hold up long term.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-30-2003, 9:38 AM Reply   
My girl has the 04 byerly bindings and this last weekend the knob that tightens the bindings fell off. Other than that she loves them, comfortable and easy in and out, with support.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-30-2003, 9:53 AM Reply   
I got mine in March this year, and have used them 2-4 times a week since. The only thing that I did was tighten the Heel Locking Strap, only because it stretched a bit. They are just as good now as they were brand new.
Old     (gbphantom)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-30-2003, 10:01 AM Reply   
Look at the new Gator bindings. They are pretty sweet. They've got ones with overlays and they've got laceups. I saw a pair of demos Gonzalez made and they are sweet!
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-30-2003, 10:03 AM Reply   

TRY A PAIR OF SOLBOUNDS BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR DECISION.

WAKEON.COM
Old    chasepriest            10-30-2003, 10:26 AM Reply   
hey i cant find the solbounds you are talking about where can i find them?
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-30-2003, 12:34 PM Reply   

GO TO OUR WEB-SITE WWW.WAKEON.COM AND CLICK ON THE SOLBOUND BINDING ICON IT WILL BRING YOU RIGHT TO IT

WWW.WAKEON.COM
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-30-2003, 12:36 PM Reply   
Mike, the link isn't working.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-30-2003, 12:43 PM Reply   
there is an error
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-30-2003, 2:51 PM Reply   

Hmmmm soory guys then go to solbound.com you can view the shackle boots there.

www.wakeon.com
Old     (rodeo)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-30-2003, 4:30 PM Reply   
chase
It's Shawne. What's up! Didn't like the Parks bindings? I just bought a pair of byerlys and I'm not sure if I like them or not. If you find a pair that you like, let me know. I don't think these byerlys are going to do the trick. laters
Old    ilp00dragon            10-30-2003, 6:36 PM Reply   
Maybe you should just go out and try it all... Everyone has different preference.. and everyone has different feet sizes and shapes and stuffs..

Old    cbreed            10-30-2003, 7:08 PM Reply   
I would have to say CWB Zeus's. Tese are the best bindings I have ever rode. I used to have a pair of belmounts and some wiley's super pro builds. Zeus's are by far the best in my opinion.
Old    chasepriest            10-31-2003, 8:01 AM Reply   
hey shawne whats up man, are you still ridin? Yea i bought the parks had them for bout a week, they just didnt hold me down as much as i liked. so what dont you like about those byerly's? im thinkin bout getting the new exos, becuase i liked my last ones, ill just have to get them in a smaller size. by the way hows that raley comin. hey i gotta a parks dna board too, i love it it has so much pop, plus it doesnt ride to much different than my subjekt did so it didnt take to long to get used to. talk to you later man.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2003, 9:23 AM Reply   
Solbound.com is not working either.
Anybody know how to contact Mike Rogers directly? He's the guy, right?
Thanks.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-31-2003, 11:49 AM Reply   

HIS SITE IS DOWN SHOOT HIM A E-MAIL @ SOLBINDING@AOL.COM THATS HOW YOU CAN REACH HIM.

WWW.WAKEON.COM
Old    walt            10-31-2003, 4:41 PM Reply   
}SOLBOUNDS are Killer !!!!
Old     (rodeo)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-01-2003, 7:28 PM Reply   
chase,
I loved the parks, but you saw me blow out a bunch. The byerly's, I don't know. Haven't ridden them yet. I guess the option 2 strap not being there is kinda weird. Mark put the boat up too soon, 70's this weekend!! Trying to find somebody to ride with a little this fall/winter, but no luck. Going to San Antonio TX. for thanksgiving week and found a WB school about 30 minutes from home. Probably give it a try. If your out any, gimme a holler if ya got any room. Later
Old    chasepriest            11-04-2003, 9:38 AM Reply   
Casey what size whould i go with on the zues i have a 9.5 to 10 foot, and i like them snug.

Chase
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-05-2003, 8:17 PM Reply   
Why dont you try Hyperlite's High back, you can get the 2003's on sale at caribecatalog, I have the 2002's and they feel great.
All hyperlite bindings come with a very nice footbed, wich is also higher than most bindings and that gives you (IMO) better control of the board.
Luchog!