Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-27-2011, 2:41 AM Reply   
this one really gets my goat.

http://news.yahoo.com/california-dre...013617230.html

this along with legislation that allows illegals to only pay in state tuition in the state of their choosing

it makes no sense.
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       07-27-2011, 7:09 AM Reply   
There is a reason California is near bankrupt. It is typical insane liberal politics. I wonder if a white dude could illegally enter a country and get financial aid?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-27-2011, 7:14 AM Reply   
Its only a matter of time until something happens here, that happened in norway last week.
Old     (strife)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-27-2011, 8:49 AM Reply   
That being said, a record was set last year for the number of criminal immigrants forced to leave the country. So perhaps a little hope for you guys.

src: http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...migrants_n.htm
Old     (boatmaster)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-27-2011, 9:38 AM Reply   
Bad facts lead to ignorant replies.

This is geared towards the KIDS of the illegals. This is no fault of their own. Why punish them? Don't get my started on the illegals part, everyone should wait in line, just like my Grandparents did.

But, facts are facts and the money is also private, not coming out of my tax dollars.

Just thought I'd shed some light on here..
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       07-27-2011, 10:04 AM Reply   
Kids of illegals (if born elsewhere) are still illegal aliens. If they are born here then they are citizens which is also screwed up in my book... I wonder how much of the hospital bill the tax payers paid for their birth- probably about 100% of it. You are correct about private funds. I think a boycott is in order for the companies that support this nonsense. It just sucks. There are kids that's parents immigrated here legally, and kid's that are Americans that are getting the shaft.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2011, 10:32 AM Reply   
" I wonder how much of the hospital bill the tax payers paid for their birth- probably about 100% of it. "

That's no different that how we all pay for every uninsured person's healthcare. Maybe a requirement for all to have health insurance like those with cars have to have car insurance would help?

I saw this bill too and have mixed feelings due the same reasons Wayne mentioned. Whether a kid is here legally or not doesn't make that kid any more special or deserving - just lucky. On the other hand, we can't afford to pay send illegals to school, right? But then these are private funds. Tough one.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-27-2011, 1:14 PM Reply   
but wayne, the point is that there are illegals getting benefits that american citizens are not getting. I feel bad for the kids of illegals who are actually trying to further their education, and dont have the funds for it. however, if my kid wants to go to school in oregon or washington, why cant she get in-state tuition as well? the bottom line is, this is another benefit going to illegals, that american citizens are not getting. private funds or not, this is costing american citizens money.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-28-2011, 10:48 AM Reply   
Who do you think is more illegal?

a) Average thug receiving welfare from the state and basically making everyone else's life miserable and believes the 'system has failed them'.

b) Bright student receiving a (privately funded) scholarship and want to contribute to our society and make life better and is chasing their dream.
Old    deltahoosier            07-28-2011, 12:02 PM Reply   
Does not matter Colin. False equivelency. Does not matter on the emotional argument. One by fact is illegal and thus should not be part of the process. Though I agree with your premise of a thug not being any better. Assuming we are talking about Mexicans, they can go t college for free in Mexico.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-28-2011, 3:14 PM Reply   
Actually it matters very much because the emotional argument is at the core of this debate. Think about it; is your opinion based solely on the existing policy, or is it formed based on the human condition?
Old    deltahoosier            07-28-2011, 3:53 PM Reply   
Human condition has nothing to do with law of the land. Human condition has very little to do with finance. Human condition only effects politics bases on voting block and worst case revolution. I guess you can argue law of the land is effected by politics, but, once the law is on the books, it is supposed to blind.

My opinion is based on the law of the land. I don't believe in cultural relativism and open boarders. These policies do not work. Everyone is complaining about not having jobs in the economy, but, that is a direct relation to open boarder policy in regards to trade. Why would we want to have slots for illegal aliens who are going to take that knowledge somewhere else. These people are illegal and should not be able to benefit over law abiding citizens. Regardless of the argument of who has worked for it. The illegals should not be able to even attend the college. There are many Americans that can not get into good schools right now. Many of these schools are on the public payroll and the public should not have to pay teachers to teach illegals. No country in the world has such a policy.
Old    deltahoosier            07-28-2011, 3:57 PM Reply   
Case in point, California public school system. Back in the early 2000's it was determined that the state was paying over 9 billion dollars a year for educating illegals. That is a direct tax on the law abiding citizens. That also is about how much the state is over budget every year as the states credit rating goes down the tube, which is another direct tax on the citizens. All this while Mexico helps illegals get across the boarder so they don't have pay for them.