Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-10-2009, 8:23 PM Reply   
Im looking at 2 of the D3 12's and have searched quite a bit and got some good info but was hoping for a little more if possible. Will they take 600rms in a small sealed box thats around 1.3 cu ft per sub. Are they pretty durable? The price is really good on them and im ready to buy, just wanted to make sure.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-11-2009, 7:10 AM Reply   
I had 2 d6 12's in my boat for about a month in small sealed boxes ( 1 cube). they needed bigger boxes to sound good IMO. I replaced with JL w6's , then to kicker L7's. It's hard to beat the kicker's output in small boxes IMO.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-11-2009, 12:07 PM Reply   
Well the single 12 would fit allot better and id be able have a larger box but would it compare to two 400 watt subs in a small encloser?

The L5 is rated at 600rms and the L7 at 750. Im using a Cadence 6004 that I was going to bridge to two subs thats 600rms. Would I be better off getting a different amp and the L7 or just use an L5 with this amp?