Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-19-2004, 3:26 PM Reply   
Well, Spring Valleys inaugeral tournament was soo awesome!! What a great time we had and we were blessed by some great weather and good conditions. To all the Spring Valley crew, you did a great job, from the riding, to the judges, to the announcing, and the raffle.Alot of people don't understand how much work goes into these contests, and yet they feel free to bash them. So whenever you go to a tournament, please make sure that you send up props to all those hardworking stiffs giving back to the sport.
Can't wait till the next Spring Valley contest, and to all of you who made it possible, THANKS!!!
Anybody that went out there, share a favorite moment?? I think the music was tight and really enjoyed the double up contest, but my favorite part was watching all the kids who compete at all these events just hanging out together and having a great time! No stress, no attitude, just buddies and wakeboarding (oh yea, and free hot dogs!) Also, big thanks to the Swink family from Tri Lakes Chiropractic for bringing the EZ up and awesome Pasta salad!! ok, and bloody marys too! hugs all around, robyn
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-19-2004, 3:28 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/150287.html?1082408409

Is there a Masters division for old guys like me?
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-19-2004, 3:36 PM Reply   
Hey Joe, thanks for the link, I didn't see that before I posted. As far as Masters, Prez Jeff Frew rode in that division yesterday and TOTALLY dominated!! YAY JEFF!! hugs, robyn
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-19-2004, 4:10 PM Reply   
When's the next one?

What am I saying??? I'm not even riding, so in no way am I in tourney shape!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-20-2004, 8:33 AM Reply   
ROFLMAO!!!! I was the only Masters rider! I kinda knew I would get top 5, but first....!!!! Maybe next time I can actuallly earn this one (rode terrible). Last time I actually rode away from a backroll was the last time we rode, Joe.
Old    imac            04-20-2004, 1:01 PM Reply   
My son and I had A great time. It was a awesome contest. Great place, atmosphere, and great people to hang with. Glad to see everybody there.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-20-2004, 4:53 PM Reply   
HI Mac, next time please introduce yourself to us, we love to meet fellow wakeworlders at the contests. Another great moment at this contest was to see Keith Kipp ride again! It has been like forever since we have seen him ride. and as always, Corey it was nice to see you. hugs, robyn
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-20-2004, 8:06 PM Reply   
TeamValdez, in case you missed it...

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 4:10 pm:

When's the next one?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-20-2004, 8:20 PM Reply   
Joe:

http://svlwakeboardclub.com/index2.htm
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-20-2004, 8:21 PM Reply   
Thanks Thane, and call me dumb, but no where in the site did I see anything about the next event.

(Message edited by dakid on April 20, 2004)
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-20-2004, 8:27 PM Reply   
did you see the pop-up?

2004 TOURNAMENT DATES
Sunday April 18th
Sunday June 13th
Sunday August 8th
Sunday October 17th
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-20-2004, 8:28 PM Reply   
Darn the stupid Pop-up Stopper!

Thanks!
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-20-2004, 8:35 PM Reply   
hey, the tournament was awesome. The riding is really fun, but the atmosphere is what it is all about. A contest isn't just wakeboarding, its a family gathering to relax and just not worry about a darn thing in life(especially if you rode bad).One of the best things i think was the monster drink, I was double fisting them for a while until my stomach started grouling and i got sick before my run. Oh well at least i have an excuse for riding bad!!! Well, thanks to you spring valley contest directors, it was a success.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-20-2004, 8:47 PM Reply   
Jared! You failed to mention how you did Sunday !

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on April 20, 2004)
Old    imac            04-21-2004, 10:03 AM Reply   
Jared:
Do we need to babysit you before your run, so that you don't do anything harm your riding ability. Monster drinks maybe cool, but dam you were pounding them. Was it the girls you were smacking on? (you got here #, right?)
Also how was the drive back home. I heard you took the scenic route.

Old    imac            04-21-2004, 10:14 AM Reply   
Robyn:
You propably don't remember, but you do know me. I'm Mac from Team Total Havoc. Your boys know me better, so does your husband Henry. We have never talked but we do see each other at the events. I'll come over next time and introduce myself to you.

P.S. Robyn when are we going to you ripping up the competition.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-22-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   
Ah, ok mac, you are the one that I said looked like Damian from your profile?? My bad, sorry!!
As far as riding, I do need to get out there huh? Maybe next contest. And the monster drinks?? There were some kids bouncing off the walls from those things!! LOL!! Cooper Swink drank like Seven from what his dad said!! (personally, I liked the bloody marys!)
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-23-2004, 9:16 AM Reply   
mac, whats up
i can always use a babysitter. And those energy drinks are like 3 bucks retail, so you have to take adveantage of the free ones. You know i got those chicks #'s, what can i say. And ya, i did go home the long way, but the trip was still fun.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-23-2004, 8:24 PM Reply   
That's what I'm talkin' about!!!! . Jared, you got the girls number, Chris got the trophy, what did Steve get? Oh yeah, he got some new stickers for his board!!
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-24-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
haha,
steve is now officially riding for Banana Boat. that was so funny. have you benn out lately jeff. and is there a spring valley contest may 9, ive heard there was and wasn't, so i don't know. thanks, see ya soon.