Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-13-2010, 9:46 AM Reply   
From Merriam-Websters definition.

http://tiny.cc/7g3m0

"of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward both sexes"

Referencing your original question about choosing to be gay. Dave, how do you know you love/enjoy sexual relations with women? Personally for me, the best answer I can come up with is "I just do". I think its the same for the majority of gays, its just the way they are wired.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-13-2010, 12:43 PM Reply   
More news from the front. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Libera...&asset=&ccode=
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-13-2010, 12:55 PM Reply   
I don't doubt for a minute that some people are born with abnormal sexual tendencies. People are born with all kinds of abnormalities. It wouldn't surprise me if enviromental effects on developing children, like food additives or pesticides cause sexual abnormalities. Science doesn't have the answer to a lot of questions.

Barry thinks the Constitution protects him from having to look at gay people or see their culture... Talk about interpretation!
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-13-2010, 1:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Barry thinks the Constitution protects him from having to look at gay people or see their culture... Talk about interpretation!
The ongoing competition between Barry and Rod is a close one!
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-13-2010, 1:21 PM Reply   
If you have sexual desires for the opposite sex only you are heterosexual.

If you have sexual desires for your own sex only you are homosexual.

If you have sexual desires for either sex you are bi-sexual.

Being in a relationship or having sex has absolutely nothing to do with your classification. I think we can all safely say that before any of us had sex we knew in which direction it was going to happen. Only each of us knows what our true sexual desires are since I believe many people are able to supress their homosexual feelings. This is why some women "experiment" in college and such. I've got some close buddies but I can say without a doubt that no amount of alcohol, drugs or anything else is going to make me think "I wonder what it would be like to kiss Jake". It's either in you or it's not.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-13-2010, 7:33 PM Reply   
The bottom line is that it is not the government's business who anyone chooses to be with. The 5-7% of my friends that are gay are responsible/irresponsible, moral/immoral, smart/stupid, good parents/bad parents, etc on about the same average as my straight friends. They are just like you and me, except for one thing. They should have the right to be who they are, just like everyone else. Any true American should recognize this.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-16-2010, 7:42 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-16-2010, 8:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
I never said or implied anything of the sort and I'm not going to play into nonsense that you and your partner below you are looking for.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-16-2010, 8:35 PM Reply   
Sounds to me like Barry's post was misunderstood. His point was that the constitution trumps one's personal feelings/religious beliefs, regardless of the issue at hand.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2010, 8:49 PM Reply   
Wait, it is Barry's position that, despite homosexuals apparently making him physically ill, the Constitution protects the right of gay people to marry? Barry?

If so, I misinterpreted as well.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-16-2010, 8:51 PM Reply   
As someone who is also regularly misunderstood on this board, yes I think that is correct. Barry was pointing out that in the same way anti-gun people try to bend the parts of the constitution they don't like, so do anti-gay people.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-16-2010, 9:14 PM Reply   
I wish I was as articulate as Wes. I hate text environments because I am no good in them.

Wes, that is correct. As much as I cannot stand the behavior, at least from a secular standpoint I have to accept the constitution as a whole to do its job of protecting "the people". It's all or literally nothing..
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-16-2010, 9:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
His point was that the constitution trumps one's personal feelings/religious beliefs, regardless of the issue at hand.
Actually, not just one person.. It trumps even the 'majority'.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-16-2010, 9:25 PM Reply   
I think we both go for subtlety/humor in our own posts, and I for one seem to fail miserably...
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-16-2010, 10:48 PM Reply   
Barry kind of reminds me of that Marine Corps dad from the movie American Beauty.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-17-2010, 8:03 PM Reply   
You obviously have me pegged...Am I that transparent?

I have no idea what movie or character you're comparing me to.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-18-2010, 11:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
I wish I was as articulate as Wes. I hate text environments because I am no good in them.

Wes, that is correct. As much as I cannot stand the behavior, at least from a secular standpoint I have to accept the constitution as a whole to do its job of protecting "the people". It's all or literally nothing..
Sorry, I misinterpreted your post and stand corrected.