Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (redrider)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-16-2009, 2:51 PM Reply   
I have a 2004 Enzo, I believe my steering cable is going bad. I recall being able to spin my steering wheel with little or no effort "Index finger steering." Now it is all of a hand over hand job to turn(when stopped. What is the consensus should i be able to steer/spin the wheel with one finger?
Old    K.B.C.            06-16-2009, 2:54 PM Reply   
yes, probably need to switch out the steering cable. its a pretty easy job, just takes a few hours
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-16-2009, 3:11 PM Reply   
Yep, time to change it. As Scott said... it's pretty easy once u get into it. It just seems intimidating!

Me and my buddy did mine in 25 mins. due to a little luck.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-16-2009, 5:31 PM Reply   
Tie a rope around the old cable before you pull it out. Then tie the rope to the new cable. Have one guy feed the cable into the hole, and have one guy pull the rope. It's a piece of cake.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-16-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
I've changed a cable in a Supra and a Centurion. In both cases I tried the rope pull withouth success. The cable was secured under the floor with zip ties along with other electrical wires. Forcing it out would do considerable damage. In both of these boats it is easy to remove the center floor and then replace the cable without any ropes.
Old     (redrider)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-16-2009, 6:00 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, I bought an extended warranty so it should be covered. I just needed to confirm so i can push the point with my dealer.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-16-2009, 7:33 PM Reply   
Eh, I have a feeling he'll say it's a maintenance issue, like changing your oil...so not covered. But maybe not....goodluck!
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-16-2009, 10:18 PM Reply   
The extended warranty is for the engine tranny and V drive the rest of the boat is not included