Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-09-2012, 10:07 AM Reply   
Hey if you haven't seen this video yett Im sure you will soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lKwk...ure=g-logo-xit

what is your reaction to this?

To me the guy in the car is being a jerk, But IMO the cop put him self INTO this situation.
If you have the vin or lice number you don't need to have the ticket placed on your window to officially get a ticket. I just don't know why a cop would place his foot in front of a car that was moving and Not expect what happend to happen.

The reaction from the cop's seems over the top. IMO the cop seems to be playing the injury up and they not only take it out on him but they take it out on the car as well. Check out the end of the video where they show the quarter panel all scratched up. Also the video shows where the cop seems to be Trying to scratch the car by leaning all over it with his belt ect.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-09-2012, 10:13 AM Reply   
One more thing I noticed. The cop says he ran over his foot. You see the car move forward but if he did run over his foot you think you would see the car rise up as he "ran over his foot" a second later you see the cop yank his foot out from the front of the car. If he did run over the cops foot, I don't think you would be able to pull it out unless the car backed up and it never backs up.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-09-2012, 10:19 AM Reply   
Stefanie Pratt's BF. i need to find myself a girl from the Hills
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-09-2012, 10:45 AM Reply   
Who cares, that guy got what he deserved, money doesn't buy you extra rights.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-09-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
A-dub, I just don't think the crime (if there was any) fit the punishment. I don't think he ran over the cops foot like he claimed. And to add another Log on the Fire.
If the cop was White and the Driver was Black you can bet this video would have Jessie Jackson and All Sharpton and the NAACP very busy
Old    bigdtx            08-09-2012, 12:59 PM Reply   
He didn't run over the cops foot. If anything the tire barely touched it before he pulled it back. He intentionally put himself in that position to try to get the guy to run over his foot if he tried to move the car. The guy was a dumbass for leaving his door unlocked so the cop was able to open it and pull him out. If the cop scratched the window when he freaked out and punched it he'll be buying a new one. I like the fake limping - what an idiot. Will probably try to file for disability and take a few months off.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-09-2012, 1:16 PM Reply   
The cop didn't have to put his foot under the car. Definitely over reacted. I don't stand in front of a moving car and neither should the cop. The other thing I noticed is the cop should have said something when the guy unlocked the car and opened the door.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-09-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
A dub....unfortunately money and or power does buy you rights. If your loaded and well connected you are absolutely above the law in alot of cases.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-09-2012, 1:59 PM Reply   
it was stupid move by the driver...but i'd bet this is the way this kid has always acted. Looks to me this cop took things way to personal. seemed a little excessive throwing the guy to the ground. The cop prolly saw this kid as a douche with alot of money ( maybe he is? ) .

I'd be pissed of at life and other people if I had to comb the streets of NY giving parking tickets to kids who's cars are worth more than the house I lived in.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-09-2012, 4:39 PM Reply   
I think the Title I posted is a bit Mis Leading, I don't think the guy ran over the cops foot. I have a feeling this story is yet to play out
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-09-2012, 7:31 PM Reply   
The driver is an idiot for trying to move and the cop is on a power trip. What did he think was going to happen when he stepped in front of the car? I don't think he ran over the cops foot, but he shouldn't have tried to drive away either. I hope they both get in trouble!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-09-2012, 7:59 PM Reply   
There is no law saying you have to stick around for a PARKING TICKET. If a cop decides your getting a parking ticket that's what your lice plate number is for and they can put the ticket in the mail. IMO if the cop wanted to make the guy stop He should have stood right in front of the car and made it clear the guy had no choice to leave. I don't think the driver knew the cop had slid his foot under the tire. If the cop would have made it clear to the driver 'My foot is under your tire" and the driver decided to move forward then Yes he is guilty of assult. Also I don't agree how they took the guy down and messed up the car on purpouse. Also was it necessary to have the guy laying on the ground with his Head stuck out towards traffic while waiting for a squad car???
Old    alanp            08-10-2012, 6:01 AM Reply   
why is the dude driving a ferrari worried about an 15 dollar parking ticket!?!?!he probably spends more in gas to drive that thing 30 miles than the silly ticket
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-10-2012, 6:30 AM Reply   
Cops are not lawyers,....regardles of the legality of anything a cop does, if you begin to question, or show actions that question the cops authority, your asking for trouble IMO. in this case, trouble = getting your head slammed to the ground and causing damage to your car.

It's kinda like arguing with an idiot...if you try and argue a point wth an idiot, there better at being an idiot than you...you'll never win the argument.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-10-2012, 7:36 AM Reply   
What a tool. He comes out of the store, realizes he is going to get a ticket, thinks he can just drive away and gets what he deserves.

Put yourself in the cops place thinking: This guy is not going to drive off. Right?
Old    bigdtx            08-10-2012, 9:09 AM Reply   
The car was parked in the valet section in front of a hotel. The meter maid finally got to play starsky & hutch.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-10-2012, 7:10 PM Reply   
First of all he should have talked with the cop instead of get in the car trying to move it. Maybe a good TAZE will set him straight. He moved the car which the cop put himself in front to say "hey you're not moving!" Cop was wrong for not saying the words to justify the video, dude is WAY in the wrong for his actions towards authority. RESPECT MY AUTHORITY! Cops are so under rated... Good work for making this tool realize next time will suck less if you don't be a tool.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2012, 9:21 PM Reply   
I agree, don't be a douche and you won't have a problem, respect for the law is sadly a dying thing. I would not be disappointed he tasered his arrogant arse.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-11-2012, 10:24 AM Reply   
IMO, the prick got less than what he deserved.
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-11-2012, 10:44 AM Reply   
What's wrong with society? All these post saying that the cop over reacted and the ticket should be mailed? Are you kidding? I feel the cop showed restraint. Let me run over your foot and see how you react. The douchbag was being issued a parking citation and that cop absolutely has the right to detain him until the citation is complete. The cops only mistake was that he let that douchbag get in the car. That guy deserved a lot more that what he got.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-11-2012, 12:59 PM Reply   
Stupid cop! Has he ever heard of the US mail? What do you expect if you walk in front of a car? Duh!!
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-12-2012, 7:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
What's wrong with society? All these post saying that the cop over reacted and the ticket should be mailed? Are you kidding? I feel the cop showed restraint. Let me run over your foot and see how you react. The douchbag was being issued a parking citation and that cop absolutely has the right to detain him until the citation is complete. The cops only mistake was that he let that douchbag get in the car. That guy deserved a lot more that what he got.
This IS exactly what's wrong with society that no one is in charge and every one does what they want. It gets worse with every generation and is caused by parents not allowing their children to endure corporal punishment at school when they deserve it or maybe it's fostering the belief that no one is a winner. Every one is.

The driver, trying to slink into the car and attempting to drive away demonstrated his total disrespect for the law and authority. The fact that he actually thought he could do this speaks volumes for his character; actually the lack thereof.

"Stupid cop! Has he ever heard of the US mail? What do you expect if you walk in front of a car? Duh!!"

Why mail the guy the ticket when he is standing right next to him? I mean, it's not like he was caught by a traffic cam or something. They were face to face!
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-12-2012, 10:15 PM Reply   
Both the driver and the LEO are idiots.

How absolutely unprofessional of the LEO to purposely damage the car simply because he can get away with it. His attitude is exactly why society doesn't respect LE, and the attitude of the driver is exactly why some LE act the way they do.
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-13-2012, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
Both the driver and the LEO are idiots.

How absolutely unprofessional of the LEO to purposely damage the car simply because he can get away with it. His attitude is exactly why society doesn't respect LE, and the attitude of the driver is exactly why some LE act the way they do.
He damaged the car? I didn't see that part
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-14-2012, 4:07 PM Reply   
Cops are nothing but criminal goods and vandals, this is a prime example of New York's finest. Just an angry tax man dead set on taxing you broke and ruining your life.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-14-2012, 9:02 PM Reply   
The Tool is dating a reality star from the show "The Hills" The chick that gets in the car is her. Probably some sort of made up footage for a show.
Looks to me like the tire is not anywhere near his foot.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-20-2012, 9:45 AM Reply   
Dumb overall....

But in all honesty, if the guy ran over his foot, he would probably have made more of reaction. Either way both look foolish in this video.