Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (rebelboy74)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-29-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
Anyone put lights on a newer Zero Flex tower? I have wetsounds mounted on the MC factory spots on the tower, so I think I am going to have to put lights on top on each side. I was looking at the Titan 6 light package. I am tired of trying to load the boat or tie it up for the night in the dark (My friends have their own small ramp with no lights and their pier is unlit as well). Any suggestions or pics?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-29-2008, 10:38 AM Reply   
Don't knwo where you live, but in TExas we haev a huge problme with bugs at nite. Stay away from teh blue/white lights. I made my own bar using the titan lights. The lights are made by Pilot and rebranded. I have the ones with yellow/amber beams to keep the bugs down.Upload
Old     (rebelboy74)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-29-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
Yeah, i am in Sugar Land, we ride on the SBR so I figured i could only keep them on for short periods of time. Those look like the lights i was looking at.
Old     (rebelboy74)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-29-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
by the way, that is a nice set-up. i have the pro 80's on a JL300/2, but want to add the 485 on another 300/2. I am trying to figure out how to mount it to the stock MC pods( i think i would just have to get an aluminum plate made)
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-29-2008, 12:23 PM Reply   
I live on Lake Houston, I'm almost directly across from Duessen park (a tad north) I can see the boat ramp from across the lake. I'm out at nite on Lake Houston quite a bit on the weekends. The cops go home around 5 ish on the weekends. The bugs are bearable with amber beams...with white they are horrible. I've tried white in the past. I'm out on my boat ( the one in the pic) a white x-star, a new x-2 or a 21V.
Old     (rebelboy74)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-29-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
did you change the lens? the ones in the on the titan site are white.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-29-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
I've got roughly $225 in the whole light setup...that's using anodized monster clamps.
Old     (rebelboy74)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-29-2008, 12:30 PM Reply   
cool, i might have to do something like that to get what i want
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-29-2008, 12:40 PM Reply   
I found mine at a local auto zone, they run about $60/pair. you can also find them online with the amber lens