Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    todd_g            01-05-2004, 6:43 PM Reply   
Merry Christmas to me...the night before I was going to ride, my truck got broken into and my whole setup was stolen. Along with a $2000 stero system was my wakeboard bag including:

-Ocean Earth Seaun Murray Pro International Travel Bag
-2003 CWB Ablosute Platinum Board
-never used 2004 medium Parks Bindings
-2000 liquid force concave 141 wakeskate
-yellow jacket rope W/ new 04 byerly wraped handle
-wetsuit top
-board shorts

fellow wakeboarders please be on the lookout for any of these items. Thanks
TODD G

stolen stuff
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-05-2004, 7:00 PM Reply   
That sucks hardcore man! I'd be so pissed if my stuff got stolen - and it's not even as nice as that! Hope somehow you can track it down!
Old    ontrider            01-05-2004, 7:08 PM Reply   
That sucks! I'm not leaving my stuff out on the dock anymore... can't trust anyone these days. :-(
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-05-2004, 7:43 PM Reply   
whoa Todd, sorry to hear that dude. I guess I'll think twice before leaving my stuff in my truck from now on. I'll be on the look out for your stuff. check ebay. sorry again man.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-05-2004, 9:27 PM Reply   
Todd, drop a flyer off at each shop in town to make sure they all know what to look out for. I bet it will turn up with everyone keeping their eyes open.
Old     (rymcd007)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-05-2004, 9:46 PM Reply   
Todd, that's crappy. What part of town was your truck in when it was broken into?
Old    todd_g            01-05-2004, 10:00 PM Reply   
It was parked in my driveway in north PB on wilbur street.

Ill do that Dave thanks for the idea!
Old    obsurfer            01-05-2004, 10:09 PM Reply   
I know how you feel my damm job got yanked from me in Point Loma.
Old     (rymcd007)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-05-2004, 10:13 PM Reply   
Todd, be sure to hit the used sporting goods stores like "Play it Again Sports" when you pass out your flyers.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-06-2004, 10:01 AM Reply   
Todd that blows man i will definitely keep a lookout. I truly hope you get your stuff back
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-06-2004, 10:33 AM Reply   
some days Iranian justice seems to make sense!
Old    wakeboard_iraq            01-06-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
Todd,

The very first weekend that I was home from Iraq my wakeboard (the one in my profile picture - the only wakeboard that has ever been in Iraq) was stolen. I was really pissed! (understatement).

"Welcome back from the war - great job over there - thanks for your sacrifices - NOW I'M GOING TO STEAL YOUR STUFF".

Sorry to hear that your stuff was stolen. If there are any pawn shops in your area I'd go look. Also look on ebay. The person that stole your stuff pobably is not a rider and will be looking to sell it.

Sorry again - I know what it is like.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-06-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
Thats does suck, it happened to me last summer, stole everything out of my boat... uggggg... Hope everything works out for the best.
Old    blindsiderider            01-06-2004, 11:21 AM Reply   
Man That is a bunch of Crap. I hate theives. Hope it works out.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       01-06-2004, 6:35 PM Reply   
Jim, were you in wakeboarding mag with that picture? It seems familiar, but I could be wrong. Anyway, sorry to you all about your gear and I truly hope you can find it. God, I lost my favorite hat last week and I was freaking out about that, so a deck would be much worse (petty example, I know, but those items also have memories that go along with them).
Old    wakeboard_iraq            01-07-2004, 8:45 AM Reply   
Not so naked chef,

Yes, that was me in Wakeboard Magazine last year. That particular picture was not in the mag - just one of a bunch we took that day.

I dont think I'll ever find the board though - Later that day I thought I saw it in that back of a truck. When I was approaching the guy driving it I said to myself, "today, I'm going to jail". Surprisingly, I was OK with going to jail at that moment. I hate thieves.

Todd, I hope you find your stuff.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       01-07-2004, 5:58 PM Reply   
The look to the pics (especially the board) looked kind of familiar. Again, I'm sorry about everyone's stuff and I certainly hope that you get it back.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            01-08-2004, 11:04 AM Reply   
Todd, any luck at pawn shops and/or ebay?
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-08-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear about it Todd. Keep ya Head up!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-10-2004, 8:46 AM Reply   
can u run it thru ur truck insurance?
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       01-12-2004, 9:01 AM Reply   
When my stuff got stolen the answer was no, only stuff that is bolted down inside a vehicle (i.e. stereo, damage to whatever, rims) can be placed in car insurance, everything else falls under renter's/homeowner's insurance if you are at home.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-12-2004, 3:22 PM Reply   
I've had stuff stolen out of my car before and was able to claim it under Home Owner's Insurance.
But then is caused my Parents premiums to go up
Old    splais            02-06-2004, 7:17 PM Reply   
Hey, Todd; Steve here. Haven't been on the board for a while. How crappy is that. Good luck on ever finding that stuff again. I had a couple of guns stolen a while back. Found them in a Pawn Shop. guy got arrested. But your area is sooo big, to many places. Sorry man, stuff like that just shouldn't happen.
Old     (propkiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-06-2004, 8:20 PM Reply   
Just from personal experiences (taking hundreds of these reports) but i would check the closest pawn shops to your house. If you made a police report, and find the gear, the officer can get it back to you at no cost.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-07-2004, 9:26 PM Reply   
in florida the pawn shops have a 60 day waiting period to sell stuff people brought in so the cops can check theft reports against items sold to pawn shops. do they do that in cali?
Old    todd_g            02-10-2004, 5:06 PM Reply   
Havent had any luck with the board yet and im afer looking through the pawn shops and other peoples stolen gear. Thanks for the support guys Ill probably find it this summer.