Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-22-2012, 10:27 AM Reply   
Found out today that Herb passed even if you didn't like him or his company he kept we ALL still owe him a minute of respect !
Worked withPaul while Ronix and square1 was an idea just thought I'd share
Itch
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-22-2012, 11:06 AM Reply   
Thats too bad. Condolences to the O'Brien family. Herb may have been a controversial guy but its hard to argue with his contribution to waterskiing and the advancement of wakeboarding as we know it. RIP Herb.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-22-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
May he find the endless butter in the sky (I bet it is shaped like Lake Radar). He was a ski and wake OG.
Attached Images

Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-22-2012, 11:39 AM Reply   
more than the majority of all of my equipment through the years was from HO, Ronix and Radar. Industry icon and legend.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-22-2012, 1:32 PM Reply   
Icon, Ledend, Game Changer. Our Industry lost a god father~!
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       10-22-2012, 1:53 PM Reply   
His passion and innovation for the watersports industry is legendary. Thank you, Herb.

McFly
Old     (crazyinaz)      Join Date: Nov 2011       10-22-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
Peace and Sweet Glass Water for you. Still SKI HO@57
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-22-2012, 5:11 PM Reply   
Thank you Herb for your part in making this sport what it is, which is why I got into it! Rest in peaceful glass brother.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-22-2012, 5:21 PM Reply   
It's really amazing when you think about how much Herb O'Brien contributed to the wakesports industry. He started three amazing companies (O'Brien, HO/Hyperlite, Radar/Ronix) and I'd be willing to bet 99% of the people reading this have owned a product that he created. Although I have met Herb, I never really knew him well, but the stories I hear of his selflessness and love for the sport are pretty amazing. Yes, he had some hiccups through his many years in the industry, but he just kept plowing through and innovating more and better stuff for us to ride.

Our prayers go out to his wife Pam, son Paul and the rest of his family. Fortunately, many of Herb's finest qualities were handed down to his son Paul, who heads Ronix, and I'm sure the family legacy will carry on with Paul's vision and passion.

Radar Lake is a pretty amazing place, so hopefully heaven isn't a step down for Herb!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       10-22-2012, 7:13 PM Reply   
Thank Herb to you and your family for all that you contributed to the watersports industry. You will never be forgotten.....rest in peace!