Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       03-12-2018, 8:51 AM Reply   
Ok maybe I'm an idiot but I need the part number for the exhaust riser gasket on my old Sanger v210. I tried SKIDIM and they dont show the Mercruiser stuff so I googled it an got all kinds of different options . I just need to know what the differences are or if my boat take a specific gasket . I know this post is kinda vague I apologize .
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-12-2018, 8:56 AM Reply   
5.7 scorp?
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       03-12-2018, 8:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
5.7 scorp?
5.7 mag skier EFI . Thanks
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-12-2018, 9:30 AM Reply   
I THINK its merc # 860223

these look right, but as you now merc parts aren't the easiest to find.

try here: http://www.marinepartsexpress.com/Me...AUST+ELBOW.pdf

for 97+ MIE 350
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       03-12-2018, 9:57 AM Reply   
Awesome Thank you !!!!
I have a hose that is permeated from age so moisture and a bit of exhaust is leaking out of it. I ordered the hose and once it arrived I knew I wasnt getting it in without removing the riser those hoses are stiff . I even soaked it in extremely hot water and it barely became pliable . I am getting ready to do the fluid changes and new impeller and will be tackling that project at the same time .

I will also be doing the same stuff to my cousins V215 (minus the exhaust hose) at the same time . I didnt have the heart to let him get hosed at the dealer for simple services . Plus hes pretty sharp so once we do it together he will be able to do it himself for the future ...You know teach a guy to fish lol
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-12-2018, 10:05 AM Reply   
can you run the boat a little to heat up those hoses? YES they're stiff as a board. I usually just pop them off the riser with it all bolted up. easier to work with if they're bolted down. then reinstall when you're done.

I have about 80% confidence in that part number above. maybe check around that link to confirm I have the right engine selected. not sure why merc made a bagillion variants of the same block.....
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       03-12-2018, 11:18 AM Reply   
So I did a little research and I found 3 variants and it seems one version is a blocked off gasket for closed cooling systems and the other is for regular cooling systems that run in near freezing temperatures .

Thanks for the tips I appreciate it . I plane to get it loose before I unbolt the riser then put it all together at the same time .
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-12-2018, 11:29 AM Reply   
If you have your engine serial number, punch it in to Mercruiser's site - should get you the right part numbers.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       03-17-2018, 6:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomH View Post
If you have your engine serial number, punch it in to Mercruiser's site - should get you the right part numbers.
Thank you !!!
Old     (gdmatson)      Join Date: Jan 2018       03-17-2018, 9:19 AM Reply   
I had a Searay cruiser and did the risers and manifolds on both Mercruiser 350’s. As I was reading through this thread, I recalled the gaskets were different on mine between the manifold/riser and the riser/ elbow. Mine were closed cooled. My point is I had to be real careful what to order and where to put them. One of the highly respected guys on the Searay forum said he always uses mercruiser perfect seal on both sides on the gaskets. I took his advise and never had a leak on either motor. Hope that helps.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-17-2018, 11:58 AM Reply   
I just did this - replaced risers, manifolds & gaskets due to leaking gaskets. It was time anyway at 1,000 hours. Mercruiser, 2002 Mag 350 MPI Tow Sports. TomH is right, get your engine serial # and go to Mercruiser's site to get the right gasket. Some of the gaskets are essentially "blocked" with a smaller hole in the fore & aft slots. See my first pic below of the old gasket. When you take yours off, you should be able to see the same (either wide open or blocked with small hole like mine below).

After doing research, I bought all my parts from NuWave Marine and found them to be helpful with good customer service. Perhaps give them a call if you have questions.
https://info.nuwavemarine.com/
Attached Images

Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-18-2018, 6:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottog1979 View Post
I just did this - replaced risers, manifolds & gaskets due to leaking gaskets. It was time anyway at 1,000 hours. Mercruiser, 2002 Mag 350 MPI Tow Sports. TomH is right, get your engine serial # and go to Mercruiser's site to get the right gasket. Some of the gaskets are essentially "blocked" with a smaller hole in the fore & aft slots. See my first pic below of the old gasket. When you take yours off, you should be able to see the same (either wide open or blocked with small hole like mine below).

After doing research, I bought all my parts from NuWave Marine and found them to be helpful with good customer service. Perhaps give them a call if you have questions.
https://info.nuwavemarine.com/
To me, it looks like that gasket in the first picture was installed wrong, could be flipped so that the little hole in the gasket would line up with the little hole in the manifold.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-19-2018, 9:44 AM Reply   
This might be helpful. http://info.nuwavemarine.com/mercrui...-buyers-guide/

"Which Riser gaskets do I need?

MerCruiser offers 3 different types of riser gasket. Full Flow, Restricted and Block Off
Wet joint
27-863726 Gasket – 4 Slot. “Full Flow” Commonly used with 3 and 6 inch riser spacer blocks.
27-863724 Gasket – “Restrictor” (with 2 small holes and 2 slots). The 2 small holes always go fore and aft. These are the most common for raw cooled engines.
27-863725 Gasket – “Block-off” (without holes or slots). This gasket stops coolant flow.” Common for closed cooling systems.
Dry joint
27-864547a02 – Full Flow – Both holes open. – Commonly used with riser spacer blocks.
27-864850a02 – Restricted – One hole open , one hole closed. – These are the most common for raw cooled engines.
27-864549a02 – Closed – Both holes blocked. – Common for closed cooling systems.
The only safe way to know which on you need is to take your riser off. Parts lookup programs are often incorrect!"
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       03-19-2018, 2:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottog1979 View Post
This might be helpful. http://info.nuwavemarine.com/mercrui...-buyers-guide/

"Which Riser gaskets do I need?

MerCruiser offers 3 different types of riser gasket. Full Flow, Restricted and Block Off
Wet joint
27-863726 Gasket – 4 Slot. “Full Flow” Commonly used with 3 and 6 inch riser spacer blocks.
27-863724 Gasket – “Restrictor” (with 2 small holes and 2 slots). The 2 small holes always go fore and aft. These are the most common for raw cooled engines.
27-863725 Gasket – “Block-off” (without holes or slots). This gasket stops coolant flow.” Common for closed cooling systems.
Dry joint
27-864547a02 – Full Flow – Both holes open. – Commonly used with riser spacer blocks.
27-864850a02 – Restricted – One hole open , one hole closed. – These are the most common for raw cooled engines.
27-864549a02 – Closed – Both holes blocked. – Common for closed cooling systems.
The only safe way to know which on you need is to take your riser off. Parts lookup programs are often incorrect!"
Thank you for all the pics and replys . I think I have it covered now as long as the riser will separate from the manifold with no issues . wish me luck lol