Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-01-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
Anyone else have this problem and is there an easy fix?

On my V215, it seems the throttle spring is WAY too tight and will pull itself back to neutral, even with perfect pass engaged. PP will think you are pulling back and disengage. Even at 5mph, if there is not constant pressure on the throttle, it pulls back and won't hold a speed.

Now, I realize that this is probably a safety feature if the driver keels over, but it seems to be even too strong of a pull for PP to keep engaged. I couldn't see any obvious adjustments where the cable connects at the engine...any ideas?

Shawn
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-01-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
Shawn, try looking for a return spring on the top of the intake. Trace the throttle cable from the perfect pass unit to the intake. There will either be a wound spring around a "lever" type connector or an actual spring which pulls against the lever which attaches to the throttle line.

If you could take some close up pics of the intake that might help. Or maybe a quick trip to the dealer for a quick inspect.
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-01-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
I think Trace broke it and he won't admit it!