Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-10-2005, 5:59 PM Reply   
Yesterday I was out with two friends and I think I did the rotation of a whirly by accident. I'm pretty consistent with my tantrums and usually have the rope pretty high. I've been going through the ole motion on the dock trying to figure out how I'm going to keep the handle when I finally try a whirly, but wanted to wait until I can consistently get a little less line tension in my tantrums and till I go out with my friend who can do them. Anyways, my friends are insisting what I did was not a tantrum and when I explained what a whirly was, they said that's what I did. I did kind of ole the rope and I ended up landing with my wait forward towards my toes, and jammed my ankle pretty good. Has anyone else ever done something similar to this? If I ole'd the rope, would that be enough to take me through the rotation, or most of it?
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-10-2005, 7:16 PM Reply   
Spotts, once you get the pause of the pop throw your elbow across your face then pull it back down to your lead hip. Used to do them but haven't tried them in a while. (No I will not throw them for the mudhole guys). Once you get them they are kinda like a raily you pull it to stop it or get it back. This one has alot to do with timing. Once you get it you will have it dialed. Oh ya crashes are a motha.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-10-2005, 10:36 PM Reply   
squid you've been holding out on Whirlys? What else you got??

Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-10-2005, 11:11 PM Reply   
Oh come on squid. Get worked.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-10-2005, 11:57 PM Reply   
Speaking of the mudhole, was just there today and had a great time. We were in a loaded down Tantrum, actually kicked a good wake. I also have questions about whirlies and pretty much all inverts. I can do a HS FS 3, and I always hear its generally easier to pull inverts than spins, so basically I would like to ride with someone that can help me learn inverts. I have read a lot on how do to them, but would like someone to SHOW me and help teach me.
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-11-2005, 4:40 AM Reply   
I would like to see some pictures of this mudholio.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-11-2005, 7:14 AM Reply   
Spotts, I did do something similar. I don't do tantrums but one day I at OWC I decided to learn them of the ramp. The very first one I threw off the ramp I ole'd it, spun around, and landed upright, then my board slipped out on the bounce. I have no idea what it actually looked like but I thought it was more like a whirly than a tantrum. I believe that it was more like an ole'd front flip.

I was stoked and spent the next hour working on the tantrum, getting worse and worse every try. The first attempt was the best one. Anyway I gave up and decided to learn a front flip, which I now have down. I guess it's time to start working on the tantrum again.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-11-2005, 8:54 AM Reply   
J-rod, I have alot of stuff deep down in my pockets I just need to get back in shape and I will bring them back. Thats what this winter is going to be about for me. BK hit me up and I will help you out on some inverts. This is pretty much what I like about riding now teaching and seeing others hit that new trick for the first time.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-11-2005, 9:33 AM Reply   
Squid, What happened last weekend. You went MIA on us. I was looking forward to riding with you.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-11-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
Squid, I am hitting you up...