Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-13-2012, 9:26 PM Reply   
Need some mounting ideas for oznium high intensity leds, 4 of these on each side below the water line, so Im try to limit the thru holes?? Any mounting ideas?? Thanks Jet
Attached Images

Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-14-2012, 12:27 PM Reply   
I have 7 of the exact same ones under my swim step on my wakesetter... I love them and they are super cheap!!! I mounted mine about 5 inches beneath my step and they work awesome
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-14-2012, 9:54 PM Reply   
Hey Travis. HOW did you mount them and run the wires?? You have any pic's. Thanks
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-15-2012, 10:23 AM Reply   
I have pics of the final results yes........but im too computer illiterate to figure out how to get them on WW... whats your email ill email them to you....

I drilled the smallest hole possible for each light and silicone sealed the inside and mounted the light with epoxy over the outside hole (so the wire went behind the actual light, into the boat) So in the end I did have 7 very small whole in the back of the boat....to this day I have had zero leaks, and luckily I was able to hide all the wires behind the carpet so it looks super clean.. Good Luck!

Trav
Old     (03suprassv)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-16-2012, 5:07 AM Reply   
Travis

Could you email me the pics also. adam.b.bishop@comcast.net Thanks
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-16-2012, 5:37 AM Reply   
Or you could use your platform mounts as conductors and just use those pentrations.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-16-2012, 7:22 AM Reply   
Ah, pic's would be a great help! andrewjetm@ yahoo dot com. Thanks man.
Old     (03suprassv)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-16-2012, 8:23 AM Reply   
This is a post from David @earmark from 2009.

"A S.S. mini clamshell just above the swimdeck on the starboard side to cover and seal the penetration. Silicon sealed. See photo: http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/set21...1/P0009932.jpg

A 16-gauge two-conductor quick-disconnect at the transom and swimdeck division. Contacts treated with dielectric grease. Both ends of disconnect covered in silicon and compressed in heatshrink.

Long lasting. Allows removal of swimdeck for service.

David
Earmark Marine "

Original post http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...brackets+power

This is the route I am probably going to go. I just need to find out what quick disconnect he is referring to. I have read a lot of post from David and he seems very knowledgeable I think his suggestion will be great since I do remove my platform from time to time.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-16-2012, 9:01 AM Reply   
Depending on how your swim platform is you could try and make a bracket like what "G" did. I also used the the two tow points on the back of my boat as +/- so I didn't have to drill any holes through the boat. I then used 2 pin connectors on either side so I can remove my swim platform. You only need to wire one side of this connector on each side of the boat. In the picture you can see how I wired it from the tow points. This picture was taken before I cleaned it all up.
Attached Images

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-16-2012, 9:19 AM Reply   
OK, now we are getting somewhere. Thanks man.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-16-2012, 9:46 AM Reply   
Andrew: Did you buy the spot or the flood lights? I've thought about swapping out for these style lights as well.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-16-2012, 1:39 PM Reply   
I got the spot lights.

http://www.oznium.com/marine-led-spotlight
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-23-2012, 10:05 AM Reply   
OK, I had to do a quick install because the leds needed to be done so I could put my gas tank back in and finish my pimp/face lift on my boat. I might change the base plate later but this was a quick fix to get the wiring in because its behind the gas tank. These things are BRIGHT for the money and well worth buying. Also, these leds are NOT meant to light up the lake but just to have some mood lighting while sitting around at night time or at the dock. I also attached Ozniums underwater picture from there website since mine isnt water worthy yet. Thanks guys. Any other ides you have or what you woul do diff let me know. You wont hurt my feelings and I dont mind changing it now thats its pre-wired now and I can move forward with my boat project. Thanks man. Jet

leds $140
nylon board $2.97
chrome paint $2.99
Attached Images